Betrayed

O L I V I A

Life has been good. Really good.

Once I came back from New York I immediately started my management training at the cafe.

We hired some new people and things have been thriving! The cafe was bringing in new customers and I was absolutely loving my new position.

Aside from work, the clock to graduation was literally around the corner.

My parents had been bugging me about a graduation party but I had been way too swamped to really think about anything else.

When I did have any free time I was always with Alessio.

I hadn't slept over since the day we had sex and I wasn't really sure why. He'd pick me up and we'd go eat and kiss before he'd take me right back home.

He seemed distant when we were together though. His phone was always in his hand and our conversations felt like they were just there to fill the awkward tension between the two of us.

Westview was still a complete mess. Austin's face was now plastered on every wall in the school and street I passed by.

Sierra didn't come near me at all anymore. Kimbery was trying her best to comfort her and make time for me when she could.

Seeing his face every day was driving me insane. I couldn't shake it away.

It was a never-ending nightmare and I was just ready to get the hell out of Westview High.

Kim and I were walking from our last class that afternoon. She hadn't really seemed like herself the past week and kept saying she didn't feel good.

We were taking our time to get there when she finally spilled what was on her mind.

"I think Joe is cheating on me."

"What do you mean? Joe is obsessed with you."

She shakes her head. "He never has time for me anymore. When I do see him, it is brief and he is always vanishing and not returning my calls."

I knew how that felt.

"Kim," I sigh and toss my arm over her shoulder."Joe likes you a lot. Honestly, I think it may even be more than that at this point."

She forces a smile. "You think so?"

"I know so."

She looks around and lowers her voice, "I'm still not feeling good...at all."

"What do you think is going on?"

She looks over at me nervously and presses her lips together. She has looked pretty pale lately and I remember she said she puked the other day before school.

Plus, her boobs are massive now.

"You're pregnant."

She panics and looks around at the other students. "Quiet! I don't know, Olivia."

"Kimberly!" I shout in a whisper. "You can't be pregnant."

"I don't know! I missed my period last week and I honestly haven't been tracking when I need to take my pill like before."

"What are you going to do...if you are?"

She shrugs, "Keep it? I don't know."

"Have you told Joe?"

She laughs, "Fuck no."

"He's the dad, Kimberly."

"I know...I just don't know if that is what he wants. He's an athlete and scouts are coming to the last game. What if he wants nothing to do with me or the baby because we could ruin his football career?"

I sigh, "You really need to tell him."

"Fine...just let me figure out if I am first."

I follow Kim through the crowded front doors of the school and we step out underneath the canopy there. I notice there's a cop car parked next to the curb.