Welcome Home

O L I V I A

"Fuck."

I groan and wipe at my mouth. The taste of vomit is still fresh in my mouth.

I stand up from the hard ground and run my fingers through my hair. "You got this."

I turn and walk back inside the gymnasium and before I have time to react Kimberly is standing before me smelling strongly of alcohol.

"Olivia!" She gushes and hugs me, "Joe is going to have a party. Let's go!"

"I really don't think my parents would like that."

"I'm begging you!" She pouts and bats her big, dark eyes. "Tell them you are sleeping over."

I laugh and throw my hands up,"Okay, okay! Just for a little."

After all the shit I've been dealing with, I could certainly use a night to relax. Plus, I've never been to a high school party before.

Kimberly decides to go on a spree of making sure the word is spread before we exit the gym together and head towards Joe's mustang.

The three of us climb into the car and I look down at my puffy, prom dress. "There's no way I can wear this all night."

Kim rolls her eyes at me from the front seat and holds up a bag for me to see. "I got you, bitch."

"This is why you are the love of my life." I sigh happily.

Thankfully, Joe only lives about ten minutes down the road from the school so before long we are pulling up to a gorgeous house that looked to be a million dollar home. I knew he had mentioned his parents were lawyers but I wasn't expecting this.

I follow Kimberly into the house and back through the kitchen towards a guest room. She tosses the bag on the bed and hands me a tank top with some black shorts.

"Nothing...less revealing?" I ask desperately.

"You look hot."

I fight the urge to argue but figure it will be better than having to wear this damn dress all night. The two of us finish up with changing and head out to the front to find Joe high fiving a group of football buddies as they pass by us with beer in tow.

"Need any...help?" I ask as more people enter.

He laughs and highfives another. "I guess not!"

Within the next hour the house is over capacity and it is a freaking mad house. The music is blasting and shaking the walls. I could barely even move through the livingroom to find an open seat on the couch.

I plop down on it quickly and look over at a girl who is passed out next to me. I think she's the same girl from my math class.

I pull my phone out and send Tucker a text.

I miss you. Everything is going okay but I am at a party at Joe's house.

I look down at the table in front of me and see a tray of jello shots. I pick up two and slurp them back before the alcohol taste can talk me out of it.

My phone buzzes.

Send me the address just in case. Let me know if you need me to get you.

I smile at his text and stand back up from the couch. If I'm going to deal with this party,I need something strong.

I make my way into the kitchen and locate two shots of whiskey. I knock them back without hesitation but feel my head spin.

"Woo!" I say cheerfully and grab onto the island.

"You okay?"

I look up and see Austin staring at me. He had a beer in his hand and no Sierra attached to his bicep.