Epilogue

O L I V I A

"I can't believe this is really your place."

"I know right!" I gush and put my tea down. "Alessio really did a good job with this one.

Kimberly nods and walks down the length of the kitchen. Her free hand strokes at her little baby bump underneath her sundress.

Since moving to New York, I hadn't had a chance to catch up with Kimberly very much. I had been pretty busy moving into my new apartment and starting my courses.

It was refreshing having her out to visit for the weekend.

Alessio had gifted her trip to me as a surprise and I was over the moon when he told me.

As exciting as it's been to be in college, I've been missing San Diego a lot already.

My parents usually call me every single day...usually multiple times in one day actually.

Since the night I was shot, they've been pretty inseparable and their marriage is at its peak. We got together before I packed and moved out to finally discuss the Kuznetsov past.

My dad kept things brief but basically filled us in how it worked through the family and what kind of violent people they were. He informed us that the Kuznetsov bloodline is very much alive outside of us, but when his dad was murdered during the raid he took the opportunity to disappear.

The family only knew him under the name Ivan, so he was able to lay low.

Now as far as the Romano's go, they are all doing great from what I've been told. Anna married Alonzo back in July and moved away to Italy. It was my first trip out of the country and the wedding was incredible.

I missed her a lot but she does her best to stay in touch.

Giovanni was appointed second in command while Beto was promoted to oversee their shipments permanently.

Alessio had even mentioned Michele and Mateo both were given a larger share of the family profits and are now helping train new recruits from Sicily.

After Adolfo's death, things moved pretty quickly. Alessio had been declared don while I was still in the hospital.

He has been really busy ever since.

After our engagement, we spent as much time together as possible. We did a lot of traveling around the states and went on too many dates to even keep track of.

Once I made it out to New York, I've only seen him twice in the past two and a half months.

It sucked and it was a big change for us but every now and then I'd catch the rock on my finger and remember our promise.

We decided to keep our engagement private for now. He was more than ready to spill it to everyone in the world, but I needed some time.

"So..."Kim spins around with a smile. "How has it been? San Diego sucks without you."

"Really good," I sigh and curl up into my little sofa. "I got everything unpacked quickly and things have been great at the coffee shop. They kept me as an assistant manager there and school has been awesome. I'm learning so many new techniques there."

"You make me want to move here!" She whines and walks over to sit by me. "What's up with you and Alessio? I noticed you guys were pretty close after you got out of the hospital, but he seemed short on the phone.

"Yeah," I look out towards the sun setting through the balcony window. "He has been pretty busy with work...but I want to tell you something."

She glares at me. "You haven't already told me?

"I'm serious, Kim! You can't tell anyone though! Joe, your parents, not even your dog."

"I don't have a dog, Liv." She rolls her eyes.