~~ Chapter One ~~

Arianna Black: Underage drinking, underage sex, theft, lies, lies, lies, assault ~ has a black soul

"I don't think we should let such a soul go to waste. She could be useful, especially after the incident."

"We don't need help."

"We might one day. And what's better than a girl with a pretty face and body who's just as ruthless as anyone else here?"

"She's human."

"She's one of the darkest, most evil people to have come from Earth itself!"

"That does not mean anything down here."

"I think you'll find that it means a hell of a lot up there, though. They'll be scared. Who knows, maybe she'll become integrated with us and fight by our sides?"

"It's not happening, Jake, so drop it. This . . . Arianna isn't coming into my house just because her soul is quite dark."

"You're being ridiculous! Imagine the fear people would feel if they-"

"Jake, I said no, and I'm the boss down here. If I come back and she's in my throne room, you're going in the prison for a week. Got it?"

"..."

"Jake, answer me."

"I got it . . . But I don't have to listen to him. Arianna, you may awaken."

I woke up with a fright. The last thing I remembered was seeing a gun held up to my head, and then blackness.

With my eyes opened, nothing had really changed. I was sat on a king-sized bed that looked fit for a king in a bedroom made up of the colours black and red. And that was it. The only reason I could see the room - considering the curtains were drawn - was because of a bunch of candles set out strategically to make each area of the room visible.

What kind of hospital room was this? Or what kind of hotel had I been kidnapped and brought to?

"Arianna Black." A distant voice spoke, scaring the shit out of me, causing me to turn my head toward the speaker.

I couldn't see anybody for a moment as my eyes scanned the beatiful room . . . until I saw the red hair atop of black, and brown eyes staring at me from an open doorway. I backed up against the headboard, as if that could do me any good.

"I've said the same speech nearly a hundred times today, so you're lucky that you're different, because just about now, I would just throw you straight into the kennels."

"W-What? The kennels? How am I different? What speech?" All of my thoughts fell out of my mouth in the midst of my panic - but they weren't necessarily in the right order.

"Let me explain: you died - of a gunshot to the head - and you're now in hell because you were a bad person, blah blah blah. You're different because you, kitten, have a soul darker than my hair, and that's impressive." The guy walked forward to the edge of the bed and held out a hand to me. "Come along, there's a lot to explain and a lot of people to meet."

I didn't move for a moment, just staring at him as he stared back. For a few scarily long seconds, I could have sworn his eyes began to change into a creepy black, and that shocked me right down to my core. In a very bad way.

He gave me bad vibes, but looking around the room, I had no other way to go. The least I could do was get told everything I needed to know before trying to escape... whatever the hell this was.

Hell didn't exist; there was no chance that I actually died.

So, I took the man's hand, allowing him to pull me up to my feet, then followed him to the door.