~~ Chapter Twenty-Two ~~

"Jake!" Tara exclaimed as she ran into my office. "Come on, I want you to see something."

"Baby, I'm busy," I replied with a chuckle, motioning toward the work Colby had me doing yet again. My girlfriend wasn't having it.

She grabbed my hand and dragged me from my seat then continued on through the hallway. "Screw him, he's not doing anything. Just come with me."

I reluctantly followed her down the hallway and through the throne room only for us to slip through the front door, too. I didn't question it until she jumped up onto the low wall lining the bridge, where she pointed across. Confused, I climbed up with her and followed the point of her finger only to find... Colby and Ari.

They weren't just standing on the bridge, but they were training on the most hole-y part of it.

"Holy shit, did they lose brain cells?" I asked, partly worried as I watched Ari almost knock my king over if he hadn't caught himself in time.

"I thought so, too, but think about it: training constantly on flat ground where everything's predictable isn't realistic. The fact she's figuring out how to fight and stay alive is... actually smarter than anything we've ever done. Who do you think came up with it?"

"Kitten," I replied immediately.

Tara laughed and nodded in agreement then motioned back towards the house. "You should probably head back if you wanna do your work."

"No, no, I'd rather watch this. I want to see Ari kick Colby's ass."

Perfectly timed, Ari swung her leg around in such a way that knocked the back of one of Colby's knees and pushed his shoulders at the same time, sending him down to the ground. She instantly dropped a knee to his chest and began to say something. Teasing, most likely, because he rolled his eyes and smiled before pushing her off to stand up. She helped him up...

Arianna's POV

I was in the mood to train, and I still wasn't completely okay with Colby, so I decided there was no better idea than to beat him up while training

I was in the mood to train, and I still wasn't completely okay with Colby, so I decided there was no better idea than to beat him up while training. Surely he wouldn't refuse a chance to spend some time with me... right? I was sure he wouldn't, so I shamelessly walked out of my room and opened his bedroom door. Just like always when I saw him, he was in his office at his desk writing in one of those damn books. Workaholic.

"How busy are you?" I demanded as I placed both of my hands on his desk, leaning forwards slightly.

He glanced up at me for a second only to do a double take and frown. "That depends..."

"I wanna train," I said, motioning to the door. "And no, I haven't forgiven you, I just want to beat your ass."

He stared at me for a long moment curiously before a smile slowly spread over his face. He nodded, dropping his pen and standing.