~~ Chapter Ten ~~

The devil wasn't a cuddler, I found, when after our night of... well, 'distractions', he had rolled over and laid down to sleep for a bit. I, on the other hand, was way too awake to even begin, so I just laid there facing him admiring the muscles of his back that stood out no matter how relaxed they were. I'd found out that his entire body was just as perfect as his face, and nobody even came close to matching him.

Just as I was considering leaving, however, he began to roll over. I expected him to be awake and about to either kick me out, but instead, his eyes were closed when his head caught up with the rest of his body. His arms reached out, though I didn't think he meant for them to, and wrapped all the way around me then pulled me in. I ended up in his chest, which was slowly driving me crazy for him. I wanted more in every way.

Nevertheless, I soon found myself falling asleep curled into him, and I didn't fight the darkness coming over me...

Colby's POV (another surprise)
I was a bit fuzzy on the details when I woke up. I wasn't drunk or drugged up, but I had been in such desperate need for something, anything like affection that I'd practically blacked out on the feeling of kissing her alone. I had a feeling that she would still be sleeping in bed with me, however, I certainly didn't expect when I opened my eyes to see her curled into my chest with my arms wrapped around her. Had I done this? Had I pulled her close mid-sleep? Or had she snuggled up to me and I'd just responded? Or had-

Holy shit she is beautiful. I took in her face as she slept in my arms, essentially, and my personal rule of never ever cuddling anyone in my 'life' was thrown out of the window. In fact, I wrapped her up tighter. She responded by letting out the cutest hum and snuggling in, too. I was awestruck. Completely and utterly.

But as she was about to stir, my eyes landed on the pile of papers sitting on my office desk. I suddenly regretted leaving the door open, because seeing that pile just made me want to get rid of it, which meant going over there and working, leaving Arianna alone to sleep after everything that had happened.

As much as I didn't want to, I had a job to do as the ruler of hell, and I wasn't going to ignore those duties; not even for a beautiful, kind, yet evil girl like Arianna.

Still shirtless wearing only joggers, I flashed into my office and moved my chair so that I could see Arianna from where I was to sit and work. If I couldn't let her wake up next to me, then I was at least going to be the first one to say hello to her this evening...

It was a very long time before I noticed the beautiful girl sleeping in my bed was stirring about. Purely on instinct, I dropped the pen I was using to write the next entry in the Book of Souls volume-who-knows and walked out of my office. This time I pulled the door shut behind me, which made a slightly loud noise. Arianna jumped a bit, turning towards me to find the issue. She relaxed when she realised it was just me.

"Hello, Mr. Cuddly," she mumbled as she turned back around with closed eyes.

"Don't call me that." I grumbled back in embarrassment. Of course she knew that I had cuddled up to her in her sleep, and something told me I'd never hear the end of it.

"What are you gonna do, big boy?" she teased, still with closed eyes. I huffed and walked over to the bed, easily grabbing her waist to lift her up then put her over my shoulder. She squealed in surprise, grabbing onto my back for support so she wouldn't fall.

"Nice ass by the way."

"Thank you, I know. Can you put me down, dickhead? You're gonna make me faint!" she exclaimed back at me.

I grinned as I found the nearest table and almost threw her onto it. I was stood between her legs, which made my t-shirt she was wearing ride up her thighs. She took a few moments just to breathe, waiting for the blood in her system to return to the rest of her body.

"Jesus... "

"Doesn't exist," I said teasingly, tilting my head to the side. She rolled her eyes but I could see the hidden smile as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"What were you doing in your office?"

"Working."

"You're always working. You can take a break once in a while, you know."

"That's... that's what I'm doing." For some reason. I was a king - of hell, admittedly, but a king nonetheless - so why was I choosing some woman who shouldn't have even been brought into my army over working? Over doing my duties?

"I said I'd hang out with Xepher today... " Arianna mumbled out of nowhere; eyes focused down on the floor. She glanced at me before smiling a little and kissing me for barely a second. "I should probably go and meet her."

That why I was choosing her over work. She was sweet even if her soul was black. She was kind even if she was destined to be evil. She was absolutely stunning. She was everything good and bad about the world, and that was the exact balance I needed.

The exact balance I needed in a queen...

I wanted to curse myself for even thinking it, but it was true. Arianna was the perfect embodiment of the person I would need to have as my queen, and nobody else would ever match up to her. No matter how many times I reminded myself that God wanted me to find a queen, I still all of a sudden wanted Arianna. And watching her quickly get changed back into her t-shirt and jeans whilst blushing a pretty pink, I was only convincing myself more of it.

I wanted Arianna to be my queen.