Chapter 2: Questions

George's POV

I felt butterflies bumping against my stomach walls, my palms growing cold as my knees trembled uncontrollably.

I looked out of the car window, trying to distract myself by staring at the buildings and condominiums that passed by. But no matter how much I tried to busy my mind, I can't quite tame the agitation that stirred inside of me.

Sapnap glanced at me, noticing my anxious demeanor. He released a chuckle, lightening up the mood a little. "George, chill. There's nothing to be nervous about."

"I know. I don't know why I'm nervous." I fidgeted with the hem of my shirt.

"They're just gonna ask you questions to know your preferred type. No biggie." He said, his voice chill, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Right. It's nothing to worry about." I took a deep breath and exhaled, my shoulders relaxing.

"Not gonna lie, this company...Mojang...seems kinda suspicious." He said, serious, slightly squinting his eyes.

"Oh Sapnap, everything's suspicious to you." I giggled.

He rolled his eyes, chuckling. "Touché. But still, I'll keep an eye on 'em."

I laughed lightheartedly, completely forgetting about my worries and doubts. "You do you."

Moments later, the car skidded to a halt, stopping right in front of a massive building. The building stood very high, looming over my figure, making me feel like an ant.

"Bye, Sap." I flashed him a thankful grin, going out of the car, the metropolis breeze wafting all over me. "See ya later."

"Good luck. Call me when you need me." He said, bidding me goodbye.

"I will." I bid back, watching him go, disappearing into the bustling streets.

I turned around, facing the ginormous building. I put on my enchroma glasses and tucked my hands into my pockets, making a beeline for the front glass doors.

I slowly opened the door and almost immediately, I was greeted with the soothing sound of mellow music. I closed the door behind me, gazing at the marble floor, the ecru walls and the crystal-like chandeliers that hanged from above that screamed sophistication at me.

I was so engrossed by the interior that I didn't notice someone approaching me.

"Hello, sir. Can I help you?" The person said, voice deep and low-pitched.

I looked up to see a man with taffy pink fluffy locks that rested on his head, a couple of carnation strands brushing over his also fuschia eyes.

He actually slays the colour, not everyone can, so I respect.

"Um, yes. My name is George and I--" I said, twiddling with my fingers but he cut me off, his eyes perking up.

"Ah yes, Mr. Noveschosch told me about you. Follow me, sir." He replied, walking down the empty and silent hallway.

I followed him down the quiet hallway, clearly hearing the throbbing of my own heart.

He opened a door and beckoned me inside. The room had bright pastel walls and a hardwood floor. A desk stood in the middle, a blue divan couch in front of it.

He sat on the chair behind the desk, smiling at me. "Come, sit."

I closed the door and sauntered towards the couch, sitting down, lacing my fingers together.

"You can call me Technoblade and I'm just gonna ask you questions." He said, picking up a pen and twirling it with his slender fingers. "Is that okay?"