Chapter 29: If We Don't Make it Out Alive

George's POV

We were on our way to Mojang's headquarters via taxi. Just like before, we were split in half, still with the same group.

I felt like my heart was in my throat, I could see the other's visible tension. Everyone was nervous. I mean, who wouldn't be? Even Sapnap wasn't smiling anymore. Our fates are unsure, the possibilities are endless. Everything will be defined by our actions. Today could be the beginning and today could also be our last.

"This is it, huh?" Sapnap asked, letting out a low weak chuckle.

"It is." I muttered, biting my lower lip. "What's the plan? For last time's sake."

A6d looked out of the window, gazing at the sky that spanned far and wide above us. Peacefulness and tranquility settling between the feathery clouds. Why can't the world be as serene as the sky? A6d's eyes were distant. "My dad always told me to never do things without a proper plan but here I am, heading towards a possible death pit without one."

Sapnap released a sharp gasp, eyebrows creased in bafflement. "What do you mean that you don't have a proper plan!? This is basically life and death! This is the final stage!"

"Woah, calm down. I know, I know." A6d retorted, retrieving something from the duffel bag he was carrying. "Do you recognize these things?" He opened his hands, small metal devices with cube-like forms displayed on top of his palms, blue lights blinking from it.

"What are those?" Dream asked, eyeing the blinking devices. He reached out to touch one of them but A6d quickly swatted his hand away, eyes wider than an owl's.

"Oh my gosh, that was a close one." A6d sighed in relief, placing his free hand on his rapidly beating heart. "You could've accidentally detonate it."

"Detonate!?" Sapnap shrieked.

"Uh, yeah. These little machines are a special type of bomb. It might be small and they look harmless but with just a push of a button, they could blow up an area of up to a kilometer in diameter." A6d explained, glancing down at the little monsters on his hand. How is he not threatened at all?

"Please get those things away from me." I said, backing away from A6d and pressed further into my seat.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Don't worry, it won't detonate unless I press a specific button."

"Why did you shoo me away, then?" Dream asked, pouting.

"Ah, Dream. These bombs and you share similar energies. If you touched one of these baddies, the vigor in you and these bombs will connect and fuse, resulting to the unbalance of energy and will cause it to detonate by itself." A6d replied, placing the bombs back inside the bag.

Dream nodded, reeling himself away. "So, you're gonna plant them inside Mojang's headquarters?"

"That's right." A6d responded. "The bombs have a timer of ten seconds. At that time, we should already be fleeing the area."

"Sounds good to me." Sapnap muttered, crossing his legs, pressing his cheek against the car's window. "What should we do in the meantime while you plant the bombs?"

A6d rubbed his chin, humming in thought. "I just need you guys to not let them notice while I roam the place. You can divert the attention to yourselves or I don't know, any method is fine as long as it does the job."

After a few more minutes of just wallowing in our own thoughts, worries and concerns, psyching ourselves up; we arrived at the place, the taxi stopping just a couple of meters away from a gigantic sleek building with the infamous Mojang logo.

We all got off, paying the driver and thanking him. The others arriving shortly after. We all huddled up, putting on our brave faces but I know that behind those dauntless faces, uneasiness and misdoubt lurked.

We discussed the plan, mastering the details and giving each other roles to this mission. After going over every step and every objective, we formed a circle, stacking our hands on top of each other.

"We got this, guys." Skeppy said, a resolute smile on his face, giving all of us a fleck of determination. "Go...what's our group name again?"

Tubbo chuckled. "I remember that name George came up with. Dream TriDuo."

Sapnap shook his head. "That's a really crappy name."

"Can you think of something better, then?" Tommy retorted, raising an eyebrow. "But I agree nonetheless."

"I can actually. But at the moment, no." He replied. "Ah, I don't care anymore. Go Dream TriDuo!"

"Go Dream TriDuo!" We cheered in unison, raising our hands up in the air. The team spirit was now boosted, hope it'll last long.

We all trekked and weaved through the forest, heading towards the back of the building. I mean, who in the sane mind would go through the front entrance when you're planning for destruction? It's basically like serving yourself on a silver platter.

While we were still on our way, being as sneaky as possible, Dream tugged on my shirt, inching closer to me.

"Yes, Dream?" I looked at him.

He stared deeply into my eyes, his face flushed. The breeze sweeped against his dirty blonde locks, strands loosely draping over his forehead. "I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much. I don't know what'll happen to us. In case we or I won't make it out of there alive, atleast I already told you how much you really mean to me."

My heart melted at his words, my eyes becoming glossy. I captured his hand in mine, tightly entwining our fingers together. "I love you too, Dream, so damn much. And in case if *I* won't make it out alive, atleast I got to do this."

"Do what?" He asked.

"This." I grabbed his chin with my fingers, tilting his head that it's facing right at me. With my other hand, I grappled the collar of his shirt, pulling him to me, pressing my lips against his, hard. Capturing him in a fiery and desperate kiss; kissing like there's no tomorrow.

"George..." He muttered under his breath, burying his hands into my hair, his hot breath sending tingles all over my body.

We both pulled back, out of breath, sweat trickling down our foreheads. "We'll make it out, Dream, together. I won't let anything bad happen to you. And I promise that."

He raised my hand up to him, planting sweet short kisses onto the back of my hand. "Likewise."

All of us reached the back part of the building, sharing a look with each other.

"I've already mapped out the building, I know my ways. There won't be any need to worry for me." A6d said, clearing his throat, adjusting his glasses. "Now, team, are we ready?"