Chapter 5: Movies and Chill

George's POV

After a quick ride, we arrived at the movie theatre, seeing posters everywhere of a monochromatic clown with long slender limbs, clutching a handful of candies, wearing an eerie smile, the words "Premiering now" at the bottom.

"Oh no, horror." I mumbled, gritting my teeth.

"You don't like horror?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, no, I think horror is great. It's just that I get frightened easily and I most of the time end up screaming."

He chuckled. "That's totally normal. Besides, I'm sure that you're not the only one who'll get frightened. I'll be there by your side when you're scared."

I smiled, releasing a sigh of relief. "That's comforting, atleast."

We bought two tickets and entered the theatre, choosing our seats that's not too near of the gigantic screen and not too far.

Once the theatre was packed, the lights turned off, leaving us in pitch darkness. The big screen flickered to life.

The beginning wasn't scary yet, more like depressing. A story of a young little boy living in a messed up home. His father would go home drunk every night and physically or sometimes sexually abuses his mother. By day, his mother would also physically and verbally abuse him.

The angels above pitied the boy and by the next morning, he found a colorful wind up music box at the foot of his bed. He cranked the music box, cheerful music coming out from it.

"Half a pound of tuppenny rice,
Half a pound of treacle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop goes the weasel

Every night, when I go out,
The weasel's on the table,
Take a stick and knock it off,
Pop goes the weasel."

The box bursted open, a colorful clown coming out of it. The clown introduced himself as the little boy's magic new best friend. It was adorable seeing the boy happy, the clown playing with him.

The boy tried to tell his mom about his best friend but being the byotch she was, she slapped the boy so hard because quote "kept blabbering nonsense". The boy was then forced to attend boarding school, having no other choice but the leave his newfound friend behind.

As the years went by, the boy grew colder and colder. While back at home, the clown's colours faded and drained, his skin turning pale, his body transforming into a ghastly version of himself.

The boy came home, but he was no longer a boy. But a dull man walking around like a zombie, eyes empty and hollow. He started to commit murders for fun.

One day, the man came across the wind up music box of his childhood, the once colorful box now pigmented with grey and black. He decided to wind it up, but instead of the once cheerful music, it produced a twisted and uncanny melody, the lyrics not quite what he remembered.

"All around the carnival town,
The clown chased the children,
Blood was shed,
The souls bled and bled,
Pop goes the weasel.

All around the carnival town,
The clown was chasing after you,
He's over your head and now you're dead,
Pop goes the--"

"AAAHHHHH!" I screamed and also almost everybody in the theatre as the creepy music halted, briskly followed by a horrendous jumpscare that almost made my heart jump out. Dream only flinched.

As a reflex, I clinged onto his arm, burying my face into his jacket, the blissful scent of his cologne intoxicating me.

He wrapped a protective arm around me, pressing me closer to him, feeling his warmth.