Chapter 11: Welcome Back

George's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I saw myself in an unfamiliar room. My head was throbbing slightly and my memories were kinda hazy.

I touched my head and felt a bandage. I looked down at my scarred hands, perplexed. I blinked once, and then twice. What happened?

On the spur of the moment, my memories crashed back to me like how the car crashed against the tree.

I remember everything now. From the road trip, visiting Skeppy's dad, to the ballistic car that caused us to crash.

My eyes shot open. "Dream!"

A figure stirred beside me, familiar dirty blonde locks and jade eyes. "George, you're awake! Thank goodness, I was worried sick."

"Dream! You're okay." I called his name, spreading my arms.

He wrapped me in a longing, his face buried onto my shoulder, whispering. "I am. I'm glad you are now too."

I pulled back, gazing deeply into his eyes. "Are the others okay, too?"

"Yeah, they are. They woke up hours after the accident. They just visited you like half an hour ago." Dream replied, smiling reassuringly.

I released a sigh of relief. "Was I the last one to wake up?"

He nodded. "Yes. Three days. Everyone thought of the worst but I hoped and thought positively." He caressed my cheek. "I know you're a fighter, George. I know you'll never give up. I'm glad I can hold you again in my arms." He hugged me again. "Don't ever scare me like that again."

I stroked his back, his warmth that I've been missing coming back to me. "I won't. Just don't leave me."

"I promise."

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

Just a couple of hours after I woke up, I was discharged from the hospital, feeling refreshed and brand new despite the scars all over my body. I went back to Skeppy's dad's house to meet the others.

"George! Oh my gosh! You're back! Thank the heavens! You're okay! I missed you so much." Bad greeted me with a tight hug, tears immediately forming in his eyes.

I chuckled, hugging him back. "I missed you too, Bad."

"Cool demeanor can go commit toaster bath. George, I missed you! So glad you're okay!" Sapnap ran towards us, embracing both of us in a bone crushing hug. "If I find out who that reckless driver was, I'm skinning them alive."

He pulled back, his fingers twitching so was his eyes, his lips curling into a psychopathic grin. "I'll pin them to the wall with nails as big as my arms and I'll drill holes all over their torso." He laughed madly. "Ohohoho, I'll let their blood drip into a bucket and force them to drink it. I'll carve my name onto their flesh--"

"Woaahhh, okaaaay. Calm your horses down, psychotic cowboy. I appreciate the...enthusiasm. Just recite your plans in your head." I shook my head, laughing.

"Since the team's back together, why don't we celebrate?" Skeppy suggested.

"That's a great idea!" Bad clapped happily. "I'm thinking about making heart-shaped muffins but chocolate this time."

"Mmmm, sounds delish." I smiled, plopping down the couch, Dream sitting beside me.

"That's cool! I've never made heart-shaped muffins before!" Skeppy said, beaming.

But the four of us stared at him like he was crazy. Uhm, did he accidentally admit something or...?

"Uh, you made one last friday, don't you remember?" Bad asked, pursing his lips together in confusion.