Chapter 19: Take Off

George's POV

We spent all day working on our fake IDs, alibis and cover up stories. Well, A6d and Sapnap did most of it. We needed fake identities or else Mojang could track us easily and we don't want that.

I don't know how he did it but I'm pretty sure it wasn't done professionally, maybe a little bribing here and there, Sapnap managed to rent us a private jet.

We didn't have any extra clothes to pack since we wouldn't have expected that we would be on the run from a roguish company, only food and basic necessities were what we took with with us.

By the time midnight struck, we drove to the airport, prepped and ready to conquer anything standing in our way. Well, not ready to conquer Mojang just yet but we've got the spirit. All that's left are the skill, the plan and the resources; we're working on them.

We arrived at the airport, carrying our light baggages with us. All we have to do is just pass all the processes without slipping up and we're good to go. I'm nervous, not that it's my first time to fly or I'm afraid of aeroplanes, it's my first time to fly with a fake identity.

"How the hell are we going to successfully pass Dream through the metal detectors?" Sapnap asked, whispering, not wanting anyone else to hear.

A6d stifled a laugh. "Dream's built with a special type of refined metal that metal detectors can't detect. He's also waterproof."

Dream just stood there, listening to their conversation with a blank face but I've known him enough to notice that he's in discomfort and distress.

I inched closer to him, looping my arm around his. "Hey, how are you holding up?"

"Still getting accustomed to this whole 'not real' thing." He replied, forcing a smile though the glint in his eyes conflict.

I furrowed my eyebrows in concern. What did I expect? He won't suddenly just heal after a few hours. "Dream, you don't need to be human to be yourself. Everyone is unique in their own way and this..." I motioned at him, his heart and his mind. "...is what makes you different and extraordinary."

"Really?" He asked, a ghost of a smile starting to form on his lips.

This sparked joy in me, rekindling the flame that I lost in me during those rough times. "Really. The world is evolving and people's common sense should too. People's opinions doesn't matter anymore; whether or not they accept you, the most important thing is whether or not you accept yourself."

He leaned in closer to me that our noses touched. He smiled, his cheeks rosy. "Thanks, just what I needed."

We reached the main desk, the receptionist scanning our IDs. We put on our chill guises, acting like this is all just normal and totally not suspicious at all even though I'm internally screaming right now.

"Kai?" The receptionist uttered, raising an eyebrow at me

I raised my hand, flashing a tight smile. "Yep, that's me."

She then let me pass through and I released a sigh of relief. "Hayden?" She said.

"Yes, that's my name." Dream replied, lips curling into that million-dollar smile of his, pearly white teeth in display.

"Ah, going to France?" She asked.

Dream nodded. "Oui."

The receptionist gasped, an impressed grin on her face. "Parlez-vous français?"

"Je parle français." He responded with a sly smirk, A6d looking at Dream with a proud smile. He has taught him well.

Thankfully, we passed all the processes flawlessly and without suspicion. I could say we're smooth criminals but it's not really appropriate. We marched towards the private jet that awaited us.

After a couple of minutes, we were now settled in the jet, now waiting for the pilot to announce the take off.

In the midst of the moment, we heard shouting from outside. We peeked from the windows and saw no other than the same man with pink hair, the person we thought we escaped from. Alas, our little get-away plan was not good enough.

"You can run but you can't hide." He called out to us while laughing hysterically, lips twisting into a pyschopathic grin. "I'll find you eventually."

"Pilot, take off now! What are you waiting for?" Sapnap yelled out.

The pilot rushed out of the cockpit and raised his hands in surrender, slowly retreating out of the jet. "I'm sorry but I'm not dragging myself into this." And he scurried out of the plane like the coward he is.

"Oh gosh." I buried my face into both of my hands, sighing.

"What do we do now?" Bad asked, looking like he's about to hyperventilate.

"Yoohoo! Look what I got for you!" Technoblade called out again, holding someone by the shoulders.

The guards took off the bag that hid the person's face, who we saw making us gasp.

"Bad...? Bad...! Are you there? I don't know where I am." Skeppy shouted, genuine bafflement written all over his face, hands tied behind his back.

"Skeppy! Skeppy!" Bad cried, desperately bawling Skeppy's name, pounding the windows, tears not hesitating to seep from his eyes.

"Bad, he can't hear you." I frowned.

"Skeppy!" He still called out for Skeppy, his voice cracking.

"Give us back our files and maybe we'll consider." Technoblade snickered, pressing something on Skeppy's back that made Skeppy slouch down and close his eyes.

"No, Skeppy!" Bad cried out, hitting the window repeatedly, almost shattering it.

I pulled him back, embracing him from behind, concealing my face onto his back. "We'll come back for him."

He resisted. "Skeppy..."

"Bad, we'll come back for him. We'll make sure of that. Not now, but soon when we get the chance." I said, assuring him.

He slumped back in his seat, covering his ears while closing his eyes shut. "I'm holding onto that promise."

"Who's gonna drive the plane now?" Sapnap asked.

"I...I can." A6d stuttered, hesitating.

"What are you waiting for? Go! Or that pink psycho out there will break the plane down along with his goons." Saonap said, agitated and for once, I saw bona fide fear in him.

A6d then rushed to the cockpit. After a few seconds, his voice cackled through the speakers. "Hello, this is Vincent, your pilot speaking. We'll be taking off in three seconds."

"Here goes nothing." I squinted my eyes, my heart beating a mile a minute as my hand unconsciously grabbed Dream's shirt.

"Three..."

Sapnap leaned back, flipping Technoblade the L while he's at it.

"Two..."

Bad mumbled inaudible words to himself, seeming like he's psyching himself up and that he should not worry about Skeppy. But if you look at it without context, it would seem like he's chanting demonic rituals.

"One..."

The plane moved forward and we could hear Techno screaming in the distance, his voice filled with wrath. I couldn't help but laugh at that. It's not good to laugh at other people's misery, but if it's your enemy? Then that's a free pass.

"I'm not actually an expert. This is just like the simulations, right?"

Wait.

Before we could answer, the plane took off, leaving us in a panicked mess.