Chapter 27: Dark Chambers

George's POV

We both pulled back, our faces a blushing mess. The vivid neon disco lights died out, replaced with the basic white luminescence. The fervor in the room faltered as people scurried back to the main room.

"We should go." I said, grabbing him by the wrist.

He grinned at me, a slight tinge of blush on his cheeks. "Wow, I didn't know dancing was that fun."

I giggled. "It's only fun with the right person."

He trailed his hand down, lacing it with mine. "Let's do it again some time."

"I'd love that." I replied.

We all reunited with the others; surprisingly, we managed to be at the front file. A carpet was laid down on the center of the room, spanning across it.

"What's the plan?" Bad asked, whispering.

"Once the hype calms down a bit. George and Tubbo will act like journalists, convince him for a quick interview." Tubbo said, smirking.

"What? I want to go too!" A6d exclaimed. "Notch's an inspiration to me!"

Tommy shook his head. "Sorry to burst your bubble, bud. If he ever recognizes you, we're screwed." A6d pouted, nodding, understanding the situation.

"How about me? I'm good at interrogation." Sapnap asked, crossing his arms.

Tommy squinted his eyes, thinking for a second. But then, clicked his tongue, shaking his head once again. "We don't wanna scare the man with your aggressiveness."

Sapnap opened his mouth to protest but he suddenly froze, slumping his shoulders in defeat. "I-- touché."

Tommy turned to Dream but Dream was already glaring at him. "No, don't. I already know. No need to repeat it for me."

"I'm not good with interrogating, we'll just wish you good luck." Bad said, he and Skeppy giving us a thumbs-up accompanied with both of their signature wholesome grins. I'm glad that I'm colourblind; I'm not blinded by the bright colours of the rainbows and sunshine that radiated off of them.

"With Tubbo's adorableness and George's mediocrity, it'll surely give us a higher chance to get inside Notch's head." Tommy explained, a mischievous smug plastered on his face.

Is that an attack or...? Nonetheless, I can't argue with his assessment since it's unfortunately accurate. I've heard worse; I'll take that as a compliment, I guess.

"Awww, you finally admitted that I'm adorable." Tubbo cooed.

Tommy's eyes widened, his face twisting into a scowl. "Oh, shut up." Then he muttered something, almost going inaudible. "I'm not blind enough to not notice."

Tubbo pouted, pressing his index fingers together. "Sorry."

"There's nothing to be sor--"

"Everyone! Please welcome, one of the most successful game developer of this era, Notch!" The announcer's voice echoed throughout the room as everyone's heads whipped to the entrance.

Slipping through the front doors was a man wearing a suit, wearing a humble smile as he walked down the carpet and towards the stage. The crowd clapped and cheered, I could hear a couple of die-hard fans screaming his name and words of support.

That's the man who created the game that enabled me to earn money, he earns all my wholehearted respect of every cell in my body. Not only that, he's also the one that made it possible for me to meet the love of my life.

Taking the mic, he spoke in a very elated voice. "Hello, everyone. Thank you for being here with me to celebrate the debut of Minecraft VR and AR." He  placed a hand on his chest. "This means so much to me. Feel free to enjoy the rest of the event!"

The crowd applauded as we joined in. Right when Notch climbed down the stage and the crowd scattered to do their own things, Tommy nudged me and Tubbo.

Gulping and a tad bit nervous, Tubbo and I ambled towards Notch that lingered by the posters, smiling proudly at himself.

"Uh, h-hello, sir." Tubbo said, stammering. I could see his hands tremble.

Notch's attention shifted to us, smiling gently. "Yes, lads?"

I cleared my throat, wearing that confident and cheery facade that helped me a lot in situations similar to this. "Hello, we're from the Dream TriDuo magazine. We're such big fans, genuinely, and hoping that you maybe have some time to spare for a quick intetview?" I asked, remaining as professional as possible despite my internal screaming from the cringe name I came up with on the spot.

"That's right! The public would love to hear more of your words and opinions." Tubbo added, balling up his plump cheeks to bring out the shimmering of his doll eyes while he's at it. Who in the right mind would be able to resist that?

"Awww, I do have some time to spare. Ask away." He said, his full attention trained on us.

"Is it true that you really made Minecraft, Minecraft VR and Minecraft AR all by yourself?" Tubbo asked.

Notch nodded. "That's true. At first, I was just a broke man that chased his dreams wherever it went. I'm really glad I never gave up." He replied, tone pleasingly humble and modest. Others would start rambling about stuff, flexing and bragging just because a person or two stroked their ego even for a bit. "I did VR and AR myself because if I was able to do it in the first time, I can do it for a second and even a third time."

I nodded, actually moved by his mind-set. That's a beautiful way of interpreting perseverance. "That's inspiring as always. A random question, what are your thoughts on androids?" I asked, shoving the small talk away, cutting to the chase...indirectly.

"My thoughts on androids-- wait..." He muttered, his eyes suddenly widening in alert. He stared at me and Tubbo, checking if he recognized us from somewhere.

He released a sigh of relief and proceeded to open his mouth to answer but in the corner of his eye, he spotted A6d. He gasped. "You--" He lowered his voice. "Are you with Mojang? Did that wretched Jeb send you here to agonize me yet again?"

Is he an eagle or something? Tubbo and I immediately shook our heads. "No, no." I said, trying my best to explain and convince him that we're on his side. "We're not with Mojang. We're like you, on the run from them."

He looked at us, doubtful. "How do I know that you're not lying?"

"If we were, we could've had you kidnapped even before you could step foot on that carpet." I replied. "But we're not. We're here to ask for your help."

He started to take a step back. "I really don't want to involve myself again with that nightmare of a company. I despise and regret every second I spent there. I want to live freely."

Tubbo grabbed his hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Is living forever with a fake identity considered as living freely? Do you really wanna be on the run forever? They're eventually gonna find you whether or not you like it." Tubbo said, the adorable voice becoming a little deep and menacing.

"I..." Notch bit his lower lip, still unsure.

"We don't want you to fight with us. We just need information. That's all what we ask of you and we'll fight the battle for you. Then, you will finally be able to live freely." I said, holding out my hand, smiling at him. "Deal?"

He shook my hand, nodding. "Deal."

I wanted to jump in joy that we successfully convinced Notch but it really isn't appropriate right now. He raised an eyebrow, rubbing his chin. "What information do you want from me?"

I thought for a moment and then, my lips twisted into a knowing smile. "Mojang's encrypted archives. What does it mean?" The question that's been bugging not only me, but also the others.

Hearing my question, Notch's eyes turned dark. It's like it's something that haunted him for a long time. Something he dreaded. "It means...siren."

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

Author's POV

ggwp.