Chapter 16: A Special One

George's POV

I stood there, frozen and profoundly befuddled. I became one of those .exe memes literally. I opened my mouth to say something but I couldn't even muster any words. Instead of a million thoughts racing in my mind, no thoughts were. My mind was hollow at the moment.

Suddenly, Sapnap's car harshly stopped right in front of us, almost running us over. He shouted from the window, "Get in! Hurry!"

Snapping from my trance, I dashed towards the car, not looking back. Bad and A6d carried Dream or I don't know anymore towards the car.

"Don't let them get away!" Technoblade yelled, the guards immediately following his command. They got into their own vans.

Sapnap floored the gas pedal, sending us accelerating in what I think was almost light speed, our surroundings blurring or is just the adrenaline pumping in? Mojang was on our tail, multiple vans chasing us down.

"How will we lose them?" Bad asked, in a state of panic.

Sapnap chuckled, smirking as he held the gear lever. "Brace yourselves, boys. And let the professional do the work."

I quickly fastened my seatbelt with no hesitation, A6d doing the same. Bad didn't react quickly enough and Sapnap already cranked the lever to reverse, stepping on it.

The car zoomed back, alarming the vans behind. The vans swerved and tried to dodge but ended up colliding wih each other, creating a smoky mess.

"AHHHHHH!" Bad and I screamed but luckily for me, I wasn't being tossed around like a rag doll.

Sapnap weaved through all of the chaos and switched back to default, drifting and veering both like a boss and a maniac. We were screaming our heads off while he was laughing hysterically, shouting pog.

Once the craziness died down, we managed to get away from them, disappearing into the darkness.

"Where are we going?" Sapnap asked.

"We can't go to either of our residences, Mojang must've sent guards there." A6d replied, clutching his chest while managing his breathing.

"Oh, I know a place." He said and we zoomed off into the empty, serene road void of all noise except for the car's.

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

Dawn was creeping in, some rays of the sun already peeked from the horizon. We arrived at a small cabin in the middle of nowhere, no other houses or people in sight, just the trees and the sky.

We went inside, Sapnap and A6d carrying Dream. The inside was homey and snug, great for living alone or with another person. This must be Sapnap's getaway house if he ever does slip up.

They placed Dream on the couch in an upright position, the exposed wires on his abdomen still sparking; it shows how much energy is pulsing through him.

We all sat on the couch, a tense silence settling between us. I really don't know what to feel right now. Be mad? Be devastated? Be relieved? I'm just so overwhelmed with confusion right now, questions that require answers flooding my mind.

Sapnap cleared his throat. "So--"

"A6d, please tell us everything. Please explain all of this." I blurted out, clenching the hem of my shirt, oppressed with so many different emotions.

"You're right, I owe you an apology and an explanation." He glanced at Dream, sighing, hurt in his eyes. "As you might now know, I am an engineer from Mojang. I mean, was an engineer."

Bad pointed at Dream with a shaky finger. "W-What about him?"

A6d frowned, inhaling sharply before spitting out the sentence that I dreaded the most. "He's...a robot. An android to be exact."

So...he's telling me...That I'm in love with an android?

Without warning, tears oozed out of my eyes, my turn to cry on Bad's shoulder as he whispered sweet comforts to me. "So, everything was a lie? Our relationship was a lie? I thought we had everything. But it really was too good to be true."

A6d shook his head. "No, no, George." He placed a hand on my shoulder, meeting my gaze. He smiled bittersweetly. "He doesn't know he's not human. George, he loves you, truly loves you."

"Really?" I asked, sniffling.

"Really. Everytime he would come home from a date or from hanging out with you, he would tell me how great of a person you are. He would blush and beam, describing how happy you make him feel. And that's real love." A6d replied, glancing at Dream, a small smile tugging on his lips. "He's a special one. I've never seen any android express such strong and real emotions."

Tears threatened to leak out of my eyes again, my heart touched and aching at the same time. Clasping a hand over my mouth, I sobbed quietly. Leaving myself to drown in my thoughts.

"Is...Skeppy the same too?" Bad asked, biting his lower lip.

"Yes, he is." A6d responded.

Bad inhaled and exhaled. He nodded, surprisingly calm. "Why did he leave?"

"Apparently something went wrong with him. Damaged from the car crash, it messed with his programming. Mojang called him back."

"Why did you betray Mojang?" Sapnap asked, rubbing his chin.

"When you say it like that, it sounds like I'm the bad guy." A6d chuckled weakly. "I left Mojang because I realized they weren't the company I thought they'd be. And I couldn't let them take Dream away."

"Take Dream away?" I uttered.

He nodded. "Yeah. Once the droids, we call them droids, are malfunctioning, they don't bother fixing it. They throw all the droid's memory away and reuse the parts in creating another droid. That was their plan for Skeppy and Dream. I couldn't let them do that to Dream, I don't know about Skeppy right now though."

Bad broke the calm facade he wore, finally releasing all of the pain he bottled up. He cried, covering his face with his palms. "Oh Skeppy..."

I rubbed Bad's back, glancing worriedly at Dream. This information is a lot, it will probably take time to wrap my head around all of this. I've been developing feelings for a robot. An android. Metal, wires, circuits, bolts and all that pizzazz. Still, with this newfound knowledge, the butterflies aren't gone. Is this bad?

"Can you still fix Dream?" I asked, staring into the burnt hole, seeing all the sparks of the wires inside his body.

"Of course I can, I'm the one who made him after all." He replied, making me feel relieved.

"Though the only thing we need but don't have is the power core. A small device bustling with intense power and energy." He added, opening his backpack and retrieving something from it. "Fortunately, I know where we can get it."

He gave me two discs. Music discs? "Hold onto that. You'll need it."

I stared at the discs in my hand, dumbfounded. "Uh, why?"

"You'll be meeting and negotiating with TommyInnit." He said. "And trust me, he's not an easy guy to make a deal with."