Chapter 22: Only Flaw

George's POV

"Why? What made you do this?" Sapnap asked, trying to free himself but the guards' grasp were too strong while he was too weak at the moment, still shaken up by his friend's betrayal.

"After that failed mission we had, I realized life in the light was not for me and living on the edge accepted me more. It's just more thrilling." He released a low chuckle. "That's what they say, right? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

"Hell no I'm joining tyrants and traitors like you!" Sapnap scoffed, gritting his teeth as the veins on his neck pulsated.

"Getting a little feisty, aren't we?" Technoblade snickered. At first, I thought his deep voice was mesmerizing but now that I've seen what he really is, it actually sounds demonic. "Take them back to HQ."

"How about no?" I said, refusing to back down despite the outnumbering. My pride isn't crushed just yet.

"Don't make this difficult." Technoblade replied, the smug on his face disappearing, replaced with a scowl.

I glared at him, inhaling sharply. "MAKE ME!" I screeched, making sure it's ear-splitting enough to daze them for even a split second.

They covered their ears, wincing. Sapnap caught my drift and chaotically shook his arms, breaking free from the distracted bodyguards.

"Oh, what--" One of the guards yelped in surprise and immediately fell to the ground when Sapnap grabbed him by the head, twisting it with a sickening crack.

"You think you're the only one capable of being the psycho, Technoblade?" Sapnap laughed feverishly, fingers twitching.

That was pretty gruesome and cruel but he had it coming. He should've expected his death the moment he grabbed Sapnap. Bad stood there frozen, eyes closed, not wanting to join the violence as everything broke out into chaos.

"Let me go!" I screamed, the guards' grip on my arms tightening as their nails bit into my skin, inflicting severe pain on me. "I said let me go! I beg!" My screaming almost turned to desperate pleas, their grip afflicting me with intense agony.

"Let my boyfriend go, you goons." Dream said, glowering, voice becoming deeper and his tone grim. The guards looked at each other and laughed. Dream cocked his head to the side, cracking his knuckles. "Last warning. Release him or face my wrath."

"What're you gonna do, pretty boy?" One of the guards said, taunting him.

Dream glanced up at them, now with a completely different expression. Lips stretching into a vicious smirk, blonde locks disheveled, an aggravated glint in his violent eyes. "This."

In a swift motion, Dream bolted towards both of the guards at once. He grabbed one's arm and bent it to the opposite direction it normally bends, the guard howling in colossal pain. He chuckled, eyeing the other one. "Should've known if you hurt George, you'll have a death wish on me."

The guard tried to run towards the others but Dream was fast, dropping down low and swiping his foot to trip the guard. He then loomed over the fallen guard, smiling in a twisted manner. "Let's see who's a pretty boy after I break your face." The guard squalled and Dream stomped on his face, silencing him, hearing a nauseating crunch. I looked away, refusing to watch the appalling scene.

I fell to my knees, feeling the sting on my arms. I heard footsteps rushing to me, Dream kneeling beside me. I looked up at him, seeing the now soft gaze settling in his eyes, the other version of him gone. "Are you okay?"

"I will be. Thanks for saving me." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him on the cheek, giggling despite the situation we were in. "Wow, you're so strong."