Chapter 6: Perfect Match

George's POV

"What's wrong?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing in concern.

"It's nothing. It's just...that plushie." I pointed at a grey cat plushie with black stripes. "It reminds me of my cat...that passed away last week."

Dream frowned. "Oh no, I'm so sorry."

I smiled weakly. "Don't be. Wherever he is right now, he's at peace. No more illnesses, no more pain."

"Would it make you feel better if I won it for you?" He asked.

"It would but claw machines are rigged. I don't want you to waste your money." I replied.

He laughed. "They are but with just the right mixture of skill and luck, it's possible. My father bought me a claw machine when I was little. Skill? Check."

I crossed my arms, eyeing him intently. "And are you feeling lucky right now?"

"What do you mean? I'm standing right next to my lucky charm. I'm practically bathing in luck right now." He said.

"Lucky charm? You mean the claw machine?" I asked, earning a wheeze from him.

"You're funny. In case you don't have a clue, it's you." He responded.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "I know, silly. Now show me those skill and luck of yours."

He inserted one token into the slot, the machine blinking to life. The claw started to move sideways, left to right. Dream stared at the claw, dead serious and concentrated. In a split second where the claw and the plushie were aligned, he pressed the button, the crane picking up the plushie successfully and dropping it into the hole.

"Told ya. Here you go." He gave me the plushie.

I took the plushie from his hands, jaw agape, completely mind-boggled. I've been playing in arcades since I was a kid but never once in my life have I won in a claw machine!

Was all my luck given to him? Is it even possible for a person as lucky as this to exist? He managed to beat all the high scores in the games in just one try! It's like he lived in an arcade when he was little. You know what? I don't even wanna question it anymore. Who am I to complain? I'm actually loving this.

♡★♔♚♚♔★♡

After a long day of chatting and playing, we drove towards a nearby park. Our date's last stop.

We sat on a bench, watching one of the things I appreciate in life; the sunset. I was wearing my enchroma glasses, I could finally see the sunset's colours. And they weren't exaggerating. It's two times more bedazzling than what I thought.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? I don't know why but the sunset always manages to calm down whatever storm is in my mind. With the colours, it sometimes make me feel brave." I said, turning to him. "How about you?"

"The sunset, it makes me speechless." He replied, a small smile resting on his face, an unknown glint in his emerald eyes. "I can't find the right words for it."

In the distance, we heard music and decided to check it out. It was a street musician playing a beautiful melody, few people watching him play.

When he was done, we clapped. People tossing coins into the hat on the ground. Dream reached into his pocket and retrieved fifty dollars, placing it into the hat.

Can he be more kind-hearted? Seeing him being compassionate to others warms my heart. If he shows love to other people that he knows nothing about, imagine how much he'd love his significant other. To those people who left and broke this seemingly perfect man's heart: your loss but thanks, because of you, it led us to this moment.

"Thank you so much, sir." The musician said, bowing repeatedly to Dream.

"No problem at all. You deserved it." Dream retorted. "Uh, do you mind if I play one song?"

"No, no, not at all!" The musician stood up from the piano, letting Dream take a turn.

He played a blissful and rhapsodic song that made me feel nostalgia all of a suddden, the way his hands coordinated, pressing each key effortlessly as he closed his eyes, losing himself in the music.

Is there something he's not good at?

A crowd started to form around us, tossing coins and bills into the hat, soon the hat was overflowing with money.

After scouring through my memories, I recognized the song. It's Bluestone Alley by Congfei Wei. The song makes me want to dance on the clouds, makes me want to sleep on a mountain of feathers, and just make me want to do something satisfying yet impossible.

Dream hit the final note. He stood up and bowed, everybody including myself clapping.

"Wooo! That's my date right there!" I cheered enthusiastically, maybe too enthusiastic. Just had to let anyone know that he's with me, after that performance, many would simp.

"Thanks for letting me play." Dream thanked the musician.

The musician shook his head. "No, thank you. You played very well, are you a professional?"

Dream laughed. "No, I just play for fun."

"That was very impressive for someone just playing for fun! Come back next time if you wanna jam." The musician bid him goodbye, Dream waving back.

He walked up to me, running a hand through his blonde locks, the moonlight lighting up his skin. "Did I impress you?"

I giggled, punching him playfully. "Is that even a question? I am beyond bloody impressed! Heck, that's just an understatement."

"I'm glad. And here I was, worrying that I was too lame." He chuckled.

"Lame? You? Please. If someone was lame, it'd be me. I should be the one worrying about this." I stated as we strolled away into the night, the soft moonlight dancing on our skin.

"You already astonished me with just by your attributes or let me say, yourself in general. You are funny, charming and very comfortable to be with." He said, smiling sweetly, making me blush. "It's late now, I'm happy that we got to extend the date. I don't want your best friend to kill me."

I giggled. "Likewise."

We laughed and talked more as Dream drove me back to my and Bad's house. Once we got there, he walked me towards the porch.

"Well, this is it." I said.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Dream, I wanna tell you, let you know that in all of the dates I've had in my life, it was never this spectacular as the one we had. I've never been this comfortable with a date before." I explained, fiddling with my long sleeves. I looked up to him, gazing deeply into his eyes. "What I wanna say is, I feel like what we have is special and that do you wanna go on a second date with me?"

He beamed, breaking into a huge grin. "Hell yeah!" Then his eyes widened, stammering. "I-I-I mean...why, yes of course."

I stood on my tippy toes and pressed a sweet gentle kiss onto his cheek, whispering in his ear. "I liked the hell yeah better."

I opened the door with my key, flashing him one last smile for tonight. "Good night, Dream."

I could see the blush on his cheeks, a beautiful shade of pink. He smiled back, tucking his hands into his pockets. "Good night, George."