Chapter 24: Enemy of my Enemy

George's POV

"On it." The other one, which I presume that is Tubbo, chirped.

After a couple of seconds, I could hear the guards' confused screaming, panicking and bewilderment. "Comms are sabotaged! Quick, call in backup! Or else chief's gonna behead us!"

Is it sadistic that I'm laughing at their misery? Hearing them scream and crying out their pleas are somewhat satisfying to my ears. It would be a great ringtone, not gonna lie.

This continued on for a couple of moments, I could feel the chaos unfurling beyond the door that sealed me away from the fun.

Out of the blue, the door creaked open, a familiar young blondie poking his head. He raised his index finger upto his lips, indicating me to be quiet. "Follow me." He mouthed.

Quickly and silently, I dismounted the bed and scurried towards him. "Tommy, what are you doing here?" I whispered.

He rolled his eyes. "What do you think I'm trying to do, George? Saving your butts of course. Now, follow me. Keep an eye out."

I nodded, following him as he led me down a tranquil hallway. Should I even be trusting him right now? I don't even know anymore. This week has been truly chaotic in so many ways possible. It went all directions. Side effects include severe trust issues. He might be one of them for all I know. But I really don't have any better choice than this. Here's to hoping he's not.

We reached an isolated room. We peeked from the tiny window and saw Dream tied up. Hands chained, feet bound by weights. I'm sure he can break those without breaking a sweat but I've got a bad feeling that every attempt of escape will electrocute him.

Tommy pressed a button on his earpiece, whispering. "Have you disabled Room 812's security?"

"Done! I'm currently working on the others." Tubbo replied, the rapid clicking of his keyboard audible.

Without another word, Tommy yanked the door wide open, alerting Dream.

"George!" He chimed, eyes beaming. All hope is not lost. He then shifted his gaze to Tommy, jaw hanging open. "W-What? What's this scoundrel doing here?"

Tommy shook his head, walking towards him. "Watch your words, piss baby. Or I might have second thoughts about saving you."

I never knew they had bad blood, Dream's never mentioned it before. Only knew when A6d said that Dream stole his music discs. I'd rather not know the full story. It'd be best left forgotten and set aside now when we're teaming up.

Tommy unlocked Dream's chains and shackles. Dream gave Tommy an uncertain look. "How do we know that he's not a traitor? I really don't like my feelings being played."

"If I was a traitor, Dream. You wouldn't have seen George anymore. I'm not the type to delay things." Tommy replied, slapping Dream with a pretty reasonable assessment.

Dream's eyes softened, immediately pulling me closer to him. He pressed his forehead against mine, his hot breath wafting all over my face. "I don't care anymore if he's on our side or not, all I care is that you're alright."

I giggled at the tickling sensation of his nose rubbing with mine, his eyelashes softly batting against my skin. "Likewise."

Tommy audibly groaned, crossing his arms. "Hello? I'm right here. Go canoodle when we're not escaping for our lives, yeah?"

We pulled away, both a blushing mess. Dream winked at me. "Let's continue that later."

The three of us exited the room, following Tommy down another hallway. From all of the hallways I've seen and the ones that intersected, it feels like this building is just one big maze.

We found ourselves standing in the middle of a T-intersection. The other two hallways that we haven't went to spanning long and far, unsure of what's waiting for us at the other side.

"Okay, let's split up." Tommy said.

"What? Are you out of your mind?" Dream retorted, taken aback. I mean, from all of the horror and action movies I've watched, it's never a good idea to split up.

"Shut it. Do you have a better idea?" Tommy asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Uh...no." Dream pouted.

"That's what I thought. You." He pointed at me. "You take the right hallway, Dream and I will go in the left."

Dream stared at Tommy in disbelief. "Why can't I accompany George?"

"You plan on letting a teenager go by himself?" I queried. "Besides, I can manage not to die."

"First, that's not comforting at all. Second, he's not your average vulnerable teenager." He said, glancing at Tommy. "I don't even wanna know how many bodies he asked Tubbo to hide for him."

"Woah, hey!" Tommy chuckled, completely caught off guard by Dream's statement. "You make me sound like I'm in a mafia or something."

Dream furrowed his brows. "You aren't?"

He laughed out loud but immediately toned his laughter down as to not draw attention. "Do you hear this, Tubbo? What an idiot." He then stopped laughing, face turning grim. "No. I'm merely just a trader. Nothing exciting there."

"Amyways, Dream. I'll be fine, I promise." I assured him.

He frowned. "I...I just don't want to lose you. You've seen how demented they can get."

I pecked him on the lips, a quick sweet kiss for good luck or maybe a goodbye, hoping that it'll ease him even a bit. "You won't lose me." I gave him a little shove as I turned to leave. "Now, go."

We went to our separate paths. I walked down the placid hallway, the clicking of my shoes against the marble floor and my racing heartbeat was all I could hear.

My eyes couldn't stop roaming as I grew more and more paranoid of what could be waiting at the other side. As I got closer and closer, I heard faint laughter and chatter, familiar voices ringing in my ears.

"Mmm..it's so hard yet mouthwatering at the same time."

"Only the best for you, honey."

I walked into a vivid room. A living room? But when I laid my eyes on every aspect of the room, ever nook and corner, I realized it's no ordinary living room. It's an exact carbon copy of ours.

I shifted my gaze towards the laughter and saw Bad on the sofa, holding a chocolate-chip cookie. Cuddling against him was a familiar figure dressed in his all-time favourite blue hoodie.

"Bad...and Skeppy!?" I uttered, surprised. I never thought I would see Skeppy again. I mean we would but not today.

Bad had a big smile on his face, the lively colour of his cheeks and skin coming back again, his eyes glittering with awe and affection. It's good to finally see him in this state; his natural state.

Skeppy turned to me, standing up. He walked towards me, flashing me a big grin. He held out his hand, eyes glimmering yet I could see its hollowness. "Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Zak but you may know me as Skeppy. What's your name?"