Chapter 18: Learnt to Accept

George's POV

His first instinct was to look down at his abdomen, slightly creasing his eyebrows. His fingertips brushed against the spot where the burnt area was. "Oh, I thought..." He muttered, shaking his head. "Must've been a nightmare."

I bit my lower lip, swiftly pulling him into a gentle hug. There's nothing different. He doesn't feel, look or act like a robot at all. "Dream, there's something we want to tell you."

He squinted his eyes in dubiety but soon just smiled. "What is it, George?"

I pulled back, resting both of my hands on his shoulders, gazing deeply into his eyes. This is the moment of truth. "You are not human."

I tried to give it to him more subtly but ended up being a blunt mess. He blinked his eyes several times before uttering out, "What? U-Um...excuse me?"

I took his hand in mine, placing it on my heart, making him feel the thumping and beating. "That's my heartbeat..." Then I placed his hand on his chest. "Where's yours?"

He frantically searched for his heartbeat, anxiety clouding his mind. He then lowered his hand, meeting my gaze with a doleful expression. "Back at Mojang, that..that was real, wasn't it?"

I nodded sadly. "It was."

He turned to A6d, tears forming in his eyes. "You...You knew this ever since the beginning, didn't you?"

"I did." A6d replied, hanging his head down low.

Dream stood up, his hands clenching into fists as he gritted his teeth. "How could you hide all of this from me?"

A6d shook his head, reaching out to Dream. "Dream, you're misunderstanding! I--"

Dream brushed him off, wiping the tears from his face. "I can't with this right now." And he went out of the door, slamming it as he left.

We all sat there drowning in a pit of guilt and pity even though it's not our fault. I can't blame him, imagine someone telling you that you aren't really human and that you are living a lie. It hurts, doesn't it? For Dream, it must've been devastating.

I stood up, heading for the door, not taking any more of this gloomy atmosphere.

"Where are you going?" Sapnap asked.

"I'm going to find Dream and make sure that he'll be okay." I replied, heading out, closing the door behind me.

Immediately, the sunlight wafted over my figure but unlike in the past, it was just not as warm as before. It just hits different when you've opened your eyes and know the truth.

I scanned the area; at the right side was a valley and at the left was a forest. I went to the forest since it would also be the first place I would go to think things through and reflect on myself.

The forest was packed with thick, tall trees, broad leaves blocking the sun, letting little to no sunlight in, acquiring a cool and chilly aura. The forest was void of all irrelevant sounds, the atmosphere serene and silent. Only the gentle whispers of the wind, my ragged breathing, and the crunching of the leaves everytime I took a step were what accompanied me.

I strolled around the forest searching for Dream, gathering my thoughts while I'm at it. Out of all seven billion people in the world, the person I learned to love is a robot. If I learned to love him even before I knew the truth, I can learn to accept him of who he really is.

By a tree, leaning against it with troubled eyes, was Dream. I didn't shout his name nor Naruto run to him but just quietly ambled towards him, trying my best not to startle.