🌾CHAPTER ONE🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL.🍃

   Vanessa felt a hand moving on her body. She jerked up from her sleep and saw her husband Yuvraj.

He'd this evil glint in his eyes that told her she was in for another round of torture.

But today isn't Wednesday?
Why today?
She asked herself.

"Get out of your clothes now." He ordered her.
Like a frightened kitten, Vanessa began to unclad herself while her husband stood and watched her in disgust.

After going stark naked, she laid back on the bed and shut her eyes, allowing him to do whatever he wants to do to her.

For close to an hour, Yuvraj thrusted deep into her while she winced in extreme pain.

He didn't mind that he hurt her.

When he was done, he got down from the bed and put on his clothes.

The last thing she heard him say was, "Get ready, Padma is coming over for breakfast."

That was it. The door closed and she finally opened her eyes....

Her legs and thighs were very numb and it took her a great deal to get them off the bed.

She got up holding the bed and managed to get herself into the bathroom with her legs wide apart.

The pain was too excruciating.

After showering, she came out of the bathtub with her bathrobe. She went to her cabinet, took some painkillers and downed it with a glass of water.
She couldn't refuse not coming for breakfast, because Yuvraj would kill her afterwards.

So she laid back on the bed and allowed the painkillers to work it's magic on her.

Vanessa was a young beautiful black lady from a poor background and that was among the reasons her husband hates her.

She graduated from high school a few years ago but couldn't go further to the college for lack of money.

So she dropped out and worked for her two younger sisters, Bianca and Carmen to see through high school.

Born to an illiterate father (her mother left a few weeks after Carmen was born), Simon's priority was to see his daughters educated but with his wife leaving and him losing his job at the contract site, Simon never had a stable job since then.

Vanessa who was now the mother to her two younger sisters, took part-time jobs during high school to be able to support the family financially.

The family lives outside the Outer Banks, in the small neighborhood called Westwood.

Their house was a rundown beaten two room apartment with a public toilet. Seeing her family's condition,
Vanessa fought hard to get herself and her family out of the slum.

She was able to secure a job at the renowned Kerry's Pizza at the Outer Banks and it was during one of her pizza delivery ventures that she met Padma Singh, the woman who changed her life forever with a marriage proposal for her.

Yuvraj is the youngest son of the multimillionaire Prasad and Padma/Victoria Singh and was obviously the black sheep of the family.

Mr Prasad Singh and his family were originally from India and they'd migrated to the States when Prasad was merely a toddler. His father originally had started  Singh's Tea when he came to the States.

Seeing Americans were more into coffee with caffeine which was health wise dangerous, he decided to start a tea business.

With natural tea recipes flown from India and also Eastern China, soon, Mr Singh was running a multi tea company and not just a tea shop he started with.