🌾CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT🌾

🍀LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍀

Mr. Stedman came home to an empty house. From his porch he looked over at Vanessa's. There was a new unfamiliar car in her garage and the light of her living room was brightly lit.

He checked the time. It's a few minutes past seven. "They might be having dinner now." He said.

Should I go over there? Who has that car? Maybe she has a visitor, it'll be very wrong if I show up there uninvited.... Gosh.

He grunted as he walked back into the lonely and quiet house. No Ariana, no Vanessa, just him and himself.

After moping around the house for closely twenty minutes, he got up from the couch and went to the kitchen to at least make something for himself.

Ever since Ariana started staying over at Vanessa's, it felt irrelevant having her nanny around so he politely laid her off from work. Now there's no one to get him something proper to eat.

Looking at the refrigerator filled with a few junks, he lost his appetite. This isn't what I want... He said to himself as he closed the refrigerator. He left the kitchen and went to the living room where he'd his laptop.

He opened it and was trying to get himself busy with it but it was as worse as not doing anything, cause his mind wasn't even in what he was doing or better still, what he was trying to prove to himself that he was doing.

His mind kept wandering to Vanessa, having lain next to her for just a few hours, he realized something. It'll be real hard getting her off his system, he wanted to go out and scream to her and the whole world that he loves her but he knew he couldn't...

He didn't want to make the same mistake he made with Julie, plus the fact that Vanessa's sensitivity is very high and she hasn't still healed properly from whatever happened to her in the past, he wouldn't want to worsen the situation in any way for her at all.

While they ate dinner, Padma noticed something odd. Vanessa kept turning and looking at the door like she was awaiting someone to come and join them. Each time she did, Padma would intentionally clear her throat in a kinda noisy way and when she did, Vanessa would focus back on her dinner.

It became too obvious when she noticed that, she didn't even complain when both the kids stood up and told her they were filled up, even when she knows Vanessa doesn't like Sekani eating little.

"Vanessa what's wrong?" Padma asked her when the kids left the dining table and they were alone. "Ma." Vanessa said. She hadn't heard what Padma had told her..... All her thoughts were all on Mr. Stedman.

Is he back home now? She asked herself. Maybe he's still busy at the hospital or maybe he's back and doesn't want to see me....

What are you thinking Vanessa? Get a hold of yourself girl! For the fact he was very nice to you doesn't mean you should throw your entire life at him. A voice said to her.

"Vanessa" Padma called again, this time she fully faced her. "Ma." She replied. "What's up with you?" Padma asked her.

She shook her head and took one of the fries and dipped it into the bowl of ketchup. "When did you start lying?" Padma asked her, disappointed at the fact that her daughter is now hiding things from her.

"Ma, I'm not lying. Nothing is wrong with me." She said to Padma who shook her head in disapproval. "Have you slept with him?" She blurted.

"Mom! No. I haven't and won't even." She half yelled in an irritable way. "Ewww." Vanessa made a disgusting face.

"I should have guessed that, cause you are behaving like a young teenage girl in love." Padma told her. "Well obviously I'm not." She said immediately. Vanessa is really changing a whole lot, Padma thought.