🌾CHAPTER TWENTY🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

Yuvraj was stunned when he met with Padma's angry face. She gave him the stare that could kill. He was busted.

"What are you doing with my phone?" She asked as she strode towards him and snatched the phone from him like it wasn't meant to be seen by another.

She knew what he wanted to do. He saw the news, mostly everyone who listens to news saw it and he's trying to get back to her. Never. She wasn't going to let that happen anytime soon.

"I was trying to.. I wanted to see if you.... I just.... I wanted to use your cellphone call someone. Mine is not going through." He lied nervously. She looked at him and frowned. Does he think she's stupid?

Why not use Mollie's cellphone or better still use a payphone or even get one of his friends to lend him their phones but no, he wanted to use hers. After leaving home for a few days, he drove to her house and is giving her these flimsy lies. So bad.

"Yours isn't going through. You could have used Mollie's." She said to him, not knowing whether he would give up or not but he made a grunt.

"Mollie's died down and it was an urgent call." He lied and Padma nodded. Her son would never change.

She brought out her old phone, that one doesn't have Vanessa's cellphone number in it and she handed it to him.

"You can use this one. I want to make a call with this." She said to him and he walked out of the room.

Yuvraj would never change. Lying through his teeth to her face to get Vanessa's cellphone number, how low can he stoop more? She wasn't ever going to let him go back to her until he proves himself worthy to get her love back.

Vanessa has spent the past four years of her life trying to get back on her feet and she wasn't going to ruin the little progress she'd had made.

After Jeremy's death, things went downhill for her. Slowly Vanessa was slipping into depression and even with all the help they were giving her, it didn't help her at all. She didn't cry or grieve but she was in an emotional turmoil.

Late nights she woke up calling Jeremy and most times she told them he wasn't dead but he'd just travelled.

She didn't take his cellphone number out of her phone and several times she would come complaining to Padma that Jeremy isn't taking her calls.

Her nightmares became worse and she had trouble eating or sleeping. She couldn't concentrate on her studies and was slowly losing it. What scared Padma the most was when she lost control of herself in the car and almost had an accident with Sekani strapped at the back seat sleeping.

It got to a point that the doctor advised Sekani should be taken into the Foster Home Recruitment Agency while Vanessa should be admitted to a mental hospital for treatment but Padma had blatantly refused it, saying that her daughter wasn't insane and her grandson wasn't an orphan.

When the doctor gave that suggestion again, Padma stopped going to him and she took Vanessa to another doctor. This time it was a female psychologist that was sent from Boston.

The lady took Vanessa's case meticulously, telling Padma that whatever mistake that was made now can send Vanessa to an asylum. She first did a few checks on her and confirmed something that Padma failed to notice. Jeremy wasn't just a friend to Vanessa but she was in love in him.

The funniest part of it was that, Vanessa herself doesn't know that she's in love with him due to her weak view of the word love. She further explained that his death took a cynical toll on her because she'd become emotionally attached to him plus the effect of the abuse she suffered pre-Jeremy's involvement. She's scared to death.