🌾CHAPTER FOURTEEN🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

The drive to the hospital the next morning was one hell of a frantic one. Padma kept crying and Prasad did nothing than to console her.

"She's going to be alright." He said for the umpteenth time since they left the Outer Banks. "I pray she is Prasad. I just pray she is." She muffled.

The cab driver dropped them at the hospital. Padma didn't even wait for Prasad who was trying to get out their bags from the car. She went all in into the building.

She dialled Vanessa's number again. The person who'd called her earlier accepted the call. "I'm at the hospital now. Where are you?" She asked him. "Come to the ICU. We're there." She said. Padma's heart sank.

ICU. Oh God, it shouldn't be what's she's thinking about. She caught sight of Prasad coming inside the hospital. She rushed to him.

"He said they're in the ICU, Prasad. I'm scared. What if something bad had happened to her?" She cried. He pulled her closer. "Nothing will happen to her as long as we are here, she's safe. Let's go see her first." He consoled her.

She wrapped her arms around him and pulled him to her hug. Passers by just watched how the older couple showed their love for each other and couldn't help but wow.

"Let's go." He said to her disengaging himself. She nodded and he took her hand, leading her to the direction of the ICU.

When they got to the ICU, there was an older man standing by the door. He turned to them both and walked towards them.

"Are you Padma Singh?" He asked looking at her. Padma nodded. "Yes and this is my husband Prasad Singh." She told the man looking at Prasad who held her hand tighter in an assuring way.

"Your daughter, the doctor said she's in a very deep unconscious state. He said she'll be alright but the other guy, his condition is very critical and he might not survive it..."

"What happened to them?" Prasad asked the man. Padma had already broke down in tears.

"I don't know actually. I found the car in a great mess when I got there,
He was driving and... I don't really know but i guess it was an accident." He explained to the crying Padma.

"Where's the doctor?" Prasad asked the man. He pointed to the office which was just a few rooms away.

"Get hold of yourself Padma, I'll go talk to the doctor." Prasad said to her. He supported her to sit down and she did but couldn't stop the tears falling from her eyes.

"Good day doctor." He said as he came inside. "Good day Sir." The doctor greeted the older man. "Have a seat." The doctor offered him, Prasad say down.

"I'm Vanessa's Ryan's father Prasad Singh." He introduced himself. "Yes, your daughter's going to be alright but for the other guy who was driving the car, his condition is worse and I don't think he can surv....." "What really happened?" Prasad enquired cutting him mid sentence.

"They met a ghastly accident. He hit his head badly on the steering and has a massive brain hemorrhage. He'd his history in brain defect and with this, it affected him badly.

Then as for your daughter, she got too scared and ended up being in shock. Though she did sustain a few injuries and it will heal with time but her mental state is what's under question now." He said as a matter of fact.

"We'll suggest the guy's family be contacted before we take anymore decision on him." The doctor told Prasad. He nodded. That's the only right thing to do now.

After a few more discussions, he left the doctor's office to talk to Padma. "I guess you should go home, since the boy isn't here. It means he's at home with a babysitter." He told Padma.