🌾CHAPTER THIRTEEN🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

Jeremy continued watching over Vanessa and Sekani per Padma's instruction. Twice everyday she called them to know how things were going and for the first time in years she observed happiness in Vanessa's life.

"You sound extremely happy tonight, what's happening?" Padma asked her during one of their calls. "Mom stop. I know what you're getting at but it ain't true. I'm just happy." She said to Padma. "You're just happy or Jeremy's making you happy?" Padma asked her. Vanessa shook her head.

"Whomp, Whomp, Whomp. He isn't the one...." "Whomp. Did he teach you that too?" Padma asked.

Although she wasn't seeing Vanessa, she noticed this certain glow in her voice. Something she'd longed for, for ages now.

Maybe Jeremy is the guy for her. Maybe he's the one that's going to keep her happy and give her the joy she deserves. The joy Yuvraj couldn't give her.

Speaking of which, she noticed something in Yuvraj recently. He's been kinda coming closer to the family.

The other day Rajveer called and told her that Yuvraj asked him if they could go out for fishing like they used to do while they were teenagers.

She was surprised. For years Yuvraj has never made such a call. He's always busy when his brothers asked him till they stopped asking him. Yesternight, he called her and wanted to take her out for dinner. She agreed, although she doesn't know what he wants to talk to her about.

She wanted to call Vanessa when she heard the car horn outside. She kept back the phone. Yuvraj shouldn't be seeing her calling Vanessa.

"Mom!" He called from outside. "I'm coming." She yelled from inside. She grabbed her purse and looked at herself from the mirror of her phone. She looks good. She dashed out of the room when he honked again.

Yuvraj took to her to a very expensive restaurant. It's a newly opened Mexican restaurant and he said he wanted to try out their dishes, Padma agreed.

He ordered some Carnitas Huevos Rancheros and some Horchata. "Yuvraj you know I'm on a diet and I don't eat much of there right?" She asked him when the waitress brought their orders.

"Mom, just try it out. It'll help too.
You can also add it to the menu list for the organisation too." He said to her, Padma was kinda surprised.

Yuvraj had never had any interest in the meals prepared in the organization before. Why now? She asked herself.

"You're probably wondering why the interest I am showing now right?" He asked her. "Not..."

"Mom don't lie to me. I know I've been a jerk lately but I'm sorry and I want to right all my wrongs. Starting from Vanessa. I want to correct all the mistakes I made in the past." He said.
Padma didn't take her eyes off him. Was he being honest and sincere?

"Mom. I'm sorry for everything. I know you know where Vanessa is all this while I was being a jerk that I didn't ask, but now I'm sorry and I want her back in my life...."

"Yuvraj, let's eat this meal in peace please." She warned. "Okay mom. But please we've gat to talk." He said but Padma didn't say anything.

After they finished their food, Yuvraj wanted the waitress to get them some Red Velvet Ice Cake for desert but Padma insisted she wasn't interested.

"Mom are you still mad at me?" He asked her. "I'm really sorry...."

"Sorry? Sorry for what? That you abused that innocent girl for months? You raped her countless times? You made her call you My Lord? You made her lay on the floor or under the rain? Which one are you sorry for?" Padma asked him in anger. Thank God they were in executive lounge, so no one else was there.