🌾CHAPTER SEVENTEEN🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

  4 YEARS LATER........
"Vanessa!" Someone called. She was in her office sorting out some files when she heard the loud voice calling her. She stood up from the seat and was walking to the door to see who it was when the door was flung open and Claudia together with her colleagues came inside.

The woman was panting like she just ran a  marathon. "What..." "Come and see the news." Before she could protest, Claudia took her hands and dragged her outta the office. There were at the large waiting hall when Claudia pointed to the TV screen.

"Isn't that Sekani's school?" She asked her. Vanessa was dumbfounded. The news said that there's an arm robbery attack in the school and that the police have surrounded the area trying their best to save the kids and the teachers inside.

"Sekani... Oh my God." She left Claudia's side immediately and ran to her car outside. She got into the car and zoomed off with only one place in mind. The place was crowded as most parents tried to get inside to save their kids while the cops were forcefully stopping them.

"You guys should exercise a little patience. We're trying all we can to make sure that the kids and their teachers are safe and those bad men in there are caught." One man said holding a megaphone.

The reporters, parents and some passersby, the cops and their expertise, none went inside because they said the head of the robbers called and threatened they were going to kill all the kids if the cops were to interfere.

Vanessa parked her car by the other side of the road and crossed over blending into the crowd.

"What's happening?" She asked another woman who was crying about three of her kids in the school,
"They aren't allowing us go in. They said the robbers threatened to shoot the kids if the police interfere." She cried. Vanessa was worried.

Sekani. How's he going to be doing now? She made her way through the noisy crowd and went to one of the cops.

"Sir can I ask a question please?" She tapped the man. He turned to her. "Go back miss." He ordered. "I'll. I just want to ask a question." She said to him. "What's it?" He asked impatiently.

"How far? What did they say they want and what have you guys done so far?" She asked him politely.

"Well miss, they said we should get them a van to drive them out of there and not to attack them cause if we do, they're going to harm the kids. We've still been trying to negotiate on terms with them but they hung up." He explained to her. Vanessa nodded and left.

She isn't going to let her emotions be in play now. She'd to save those kids cause it obvious these cops are doing nothing.

She walked out of the crowd and went around to the school's backyard. There's another gate there,

If she can get pass that gate, there's nothing stopping her from saving those kids.

Fortunately, there's the gate and it was open but unfortunately, a man holding a gun was there so she couldn't pass through.

Looking to her right, she saw that there's a drainage system that went into the school.

No. I'm not taking that dirty smelly place. She said to herself and was about turning back to go find a new alternative when she heard the kids scream.

Sekani. Immediately she got herself into the gutter and navigated her way into the school inside it. Thank God she was wearing a leather jacket and a leather boot.

She came out through the school water channel. Immediately, she jumped out of the gutter and dashed into the water system so that no one would see her.

"Jeez, I reek of dirt." She said to herself as she cleaned herself with a towel she found there.

When she came out of the water system, she sneakingly made her way into the school hallway. Wait someone's coming.

She dashed into the music room and spied from the window as she saw the men with guns and they matched some teachers away.

She came out and went behind them from a far distance. They went into the school show room and she hid herself again.

She was trying to keep up with them when she heard soft muffles from behind the door. It was a child crying trying to be quiet.

She opened the door. It was a little girl, she was crying with her palms holding her mouth tight. Her back was against the door so she didn't see Vanessa.

She touched the girl. "Please don't shoot me." Her tiny voice pleaded. Vanessa made her turn.

"I'm not going to shoot you okay. You're safe with me." She told the child with a sincere smile.

Immediately the girl wrapped her short arms around Vanessa as she carried her up and pat her hair.

"What's you name?" She asked the girl as she went on to look for a better place to hide her. "My name is Ariana." She told Vanessa. "Well Ariana, I'm Vanessa and my son is here too, Sekani. Do you know him?" Vanessa asked the girl. "I don't know him. I want to go to my daddy." She said.

"You'll go to your daddy but you'll have to wait so this bad guys would leave okay." The girl nodded and rested her small head on her shoulder.

"Ariana can you stay in the school library while I get to find your friends?" Vanessa asked her. "They're not my friends. They don't talk to me." She complained to Vanessa.

"Don't worry, after this they're going to be your friends okay." The girl nodded. Vanessa opened the door of the library and placed the girl on the floor. "Can you stay alone and I'll go find them okay." The girl nodded and hugged her. "You would come back for me, won't you?" She asked.

"Mommy said she'll come back but she didn't. You won't be like mommy, will you?" She asked.

Vanessa bent down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I'll come back and get you out okay." She told the girl in an assuring way. The girl hugged her again and smiled.

"Okay go help my friends." She told Vanessa. She stood up, looked at the girl very well then left, closing the door from outside.

She slowly went towards the school hall. There were noises coming from inside the hall and she figured out that that was where the robbers were holding the kids captive.

"What am I going to do now?" She asked herself as she contemplated on how to get the kids out without those robbers noticing.

She spied among the kids to see if Sekani was there. He wasn't. She carefully checked again to see her son but surprisingly, the boy wasn't among the kids that were held captive.

Where's he? She asked herself. If he's not here then..... Then she remembered how she saw Ariana.. Maybe he's hiding somewhere too like that little girl. Okay, she'll have to save these kids first, then go in search of her son.

She snuck to the back stage where the kids were gathered and she slowly pulled the curtain, so the robbers won't notice anything. There was an a older woman a few meters away from her, she guessed she's a teacher and she tried to reach out to her when she heard someone call.

"Hey!" The loud voice called and she froze. I've been caught.

To be continued.

I hope you are enjoying my story so far. Feel free to leave your comments, suggestions and criticisms about the story so far in the comment box✉️📧 and also do not forget to vote.
I love you guys❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️