🌾CHAPTER FOUR🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

Vanessa woke up in the hospital. First of all she was relieved that she didn't die in that bathtub. All thanks to Mollie.

Secondly, she was contemplating on whether to tell Padma what happened.

The honest but silly fact was that she loves Yuvraj. She loves him and was really hoping he would one day find change and love her back.

She really wished that a day would come when he wouldn't remind her how she's black and no fit for him. Or how her afro disgusts him or how ugly she's and probably stop comparing her to those female models he works with.

She just wished that someday, the both of them would be like other couples, like Padma and her husband or like Rajveer and his wife Nandi or like Ranveer and Lily.

She really looked forward to that day.

The door opened and Padma walked in. She'd a big visible frown on her face. This was almost the first time Vanessa saw her frown.

She sat beside Vanessa and touched her forehead.

"How're you feeling?" She asked lovingly but still had that frown there.

"I feel almost better." She replied, trying to look away before Padma figures another thing out herself.

"What happened?" Padma asked her. The tone of her voice and the air at which the question came out changed.

"I slipped the tub....." She butt in. "Vanessa don't give me that. Be honest to me, what happened last night between you and Yuvraj?" She asked her.

The mention of that name scared her a lot. Padma saw the reaction even though it was real quick.

Then it occurred to her. There are things she didn't know about her son's marriage.

What'd Yuvraj done to her to make her nervous at the sound of his name? Padma was really lost.

All those lovey dovey moments.... Were they all lies and facade?
She asked herself taking Vanessa's hand into hers.

She looked into Vanessa's eyes. There were this blank hollow stares and she really couldn't relate. Something was really up.

"Vanessa, you can talk to me. What happened? What has been happening?" She asked again but this time, it was like a plea.

Tell me what's happening, so I can save you.

She looked at Padma and in no time she released the tears she'd caged since.

"No, no baby. No. Don't cry Nessa, don't cry." She comforted her.

It hurt Padma a lot to see her cry,
Vanessa was more of a daughter to her. Very selfless and kind.

Seeing her cry gave her the notion that Yuvraj must have gone to the extreme with her.

"Let's talk about this whenever you're better, okay." Padma said to her. "But promise me you're going to tell me everything. Leave nothing behind." She told Vanessa.

She just nodded and lay back on the bed. "Nessa, you're going to be alright. You're stronger than this." She comforted her.

How ironic? Strong? She's nothing next to it. She's very far from the word strong. Yuvraj made sure of that.

Mollie came afterwards. She came with lunch for both Padma and Vanessa.

"Thanks Mollie." Vanessa mouthed as she ate the shrimp soup Mollie had prepared. If there's one thing she liked, it was Mollie's food that always makes her feel wonderful.