🌾CHAPTER FIVE🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

Standing in front of her new apartment, Vanessa smiled. This was the first time in months she was actually smiling apart from Mollie's jokes that she cracked most times.

It's been almost one week she moved into the apartment and she loves it. It's a two bed room apartment and true to Padma's words, it was wonderfully furnished.

She'd just gone to get some groceries in the grocery shop down the street when her phone rang. It was Padma.

"Hey mom." She said said as she accepted the call. "Hey sweetie how're doing?" She asked her. "I'm fine. Just went out to get groceries." She told Padma. "So how do you like the place?" Padma asked.

"Well it's a wonderful and serene place. I love it. Thanks Padma." Vanessa thanked her.

"Yuvraj's back." Padma announced and Vanessa stiffened. "You don't have to worry. He doesn't know where you're and no one knows too." She assured her.

"Vanessa, I've given you permission to go live your life. Yuvraj should be the least of your worries now okay." She told her. Vanessa nodded.

"Yes mom." Vanessa replied her. "Okay. So when are you starting at GSU?" Padma asked her.

"I got the letter from the professor you referred me to. He said I can start in fall." Vanessa said as she was opening her door.

"Okay. Make sure you do your best in it okay. You're going to go there and make a star outta yourself." Padma encouraged. Vanessa smiled.

"I'll mom, I'll." She said. "Okay. Do take care of yourself for me." She said and hung up. "And you too mom." Vanessa said to herself as she entered her house and shut the door.

When Fall came, it was very easy for her. She went to the school as early as seven am for her eight am English comp class and also stayed till five thirty taking Home Economics, Sociology and one comparative science course.

During those times, Vanessa who knew no one and literarily talked to no one delved herself much in her studies. She didn't notice she was sick.

It was a few days after Thanksgiving. It was morning and she'd just got off the phone with Padma when all of a sudden, she felt woozy.

Feeling it was because of lack of sleep and energy giving food, she decided to take protein bars and some pretzels before going to class that morning and great work it did.

But unfortunately at the English comp class, she almost passed out. Feeling very tired, she'd to excuse herself.

"And where to Miss Ryan?" Mr. Hoffman their lecturer asked her. She was surprised he even knew her name, even when she tried very hard to keep a low profile in school.

Why wouldn't he? When she's amongst the brightest but shy students in his class.

"Sir, I'm feeling a bit sick. I think I should go check myself in the ER." She said affluently enough. Not raising her head up.

Seeing she was indeed looking pale, "Okay you can go." He said to her. She thanked him still not raising her head up and left the class.

She didn't have a car to drive to the nearest hospital, although Padma had sent her enough money to get herself a good car,

She'd refused, saying she could take the walk.

But now she's regretting it cause she doesn't think she can even manage a few steps. She'd to wait till one of the university's cab comes by.