🌾CHAPTER NINE🌾

🍃LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍃

Vanessa didn't attend Professor Macy's class for the next few days that followed. Fortunately for her, his course was more like a substitute to her main course.

But still he wouldn't leave her alone. Her continued showing up anywhere she went and a few times she met him at the Day Care Centre.

"Vanessa I want to talk to you." He said when he saw her coming inside the building. Obviously coming to take her son home.

She didn't look at him neither did she stop. "Vanessa please hear me out." He pleaded, but she acted like no one spoke.

"Good day Miss." She greeted the unfamiliar lady she met at the door. "Where's Miss Amber? I'm here to take my son." She told the lady.

"You're Sekani's mom?" The woman asked her. She nodded. "Sorry Miss, Miss Amber is with Sekani at the school's clinic." The woman informed her. Vanessa was shocked.

"What happened to him? What happened to my son?" She asked. Professor Macy rushed over when he saw the worried look on Vanessa's face.

"What's happening here?" He asked. The other woman just looked at him,
Then to Vanessa. "The school clinic is just in the next block, I guess you should go there." She said to her not minding the handsome blue eyed stranger that was standing in front of her.

Shock ridden, Vanessa rushed out heading to the next block. After searching the first four room, she finally found where her son was.

He was lying on the bed, crying while the teacher was beside him trying to console him. Two nurses were with them too.

"Sekani!" She called. Both the teacher, the nurses and her son turned to the door. "Mama!" He cried more. Vanessa rushed to her son and carried him.

"Mama...." He was still crying. "Its okay baby. Mama's here okay, mama's here." She kissed him all over his face and also his teary eyes. Soon, the boy wasn't crying anymore, rather he'd his thumb in his mouth.

"Miss Amber, what happened to him?" She asked the teacher. "A while after you left, he became cranky. I tried to calm him down but that was when I noticed he was running a temperature, so I had to bring him here." She explained.

Vanessa looked at her so. He still had his thumb in his mouth but he was asleep.

"Ma'am. You don't have to worry. He was just running a fever although we've given him some medications to calm it down.."

"What caused the fever?" She asked the nurse. "Ma'am, it's a teething problem. Mostly when kids start having teeth, it comes with a lot of discomfort....."

She knows about all that. She took care of her two younger sisters, especially Carmen. So she knows mostly all the teething discomfort.

"I gave him some pain relief syrup. I would recommend you use a teething powder more often for him, it eases the pains they feel." The nurse recommended.

Vanessa nodded then looked at her son. Her eighteen months old son who was lying asleep peacefully in her arms.

"Thanks nurse. Thanks Miss Amber." She thanked the women. "Its no big deal. Just take him home and allow him have a good rest." The teacher said.

Vanessa stood up and adjusted the
boy in her arms. She picked up her bag and also Sekani's lunch bag.

"Thanks a lot Miss." She said to the nurses and Sekani's teacher before she left.

Opening the door, the first person she met outside was Professor Macy. "What happened to him?" He asked her. She didn't reply him.

Rather she walked down the corridor and left the place while he stood back and watched her open her car, strap her sleeping son in, closed the door and went to the driver seat. In no time, she drove away from the hospital.