🌾CHAPTER TWENTY SIX🌾

🍀LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍀

After having to stand by the window for almost an hour waiting for the kids to go in, it was like time was clearly against her cause they refused to go in.

"Standing there all day looking at them won't change the fact that they're not going in sooner." She turned and saw Mr. Stedman, he wasn't wearing a shirt and he'd two mugs of hot coffee.

"How do you know that?" She asked him moving away from the window. "I saw it already." He said to her, came closer and handed her one cup of coffee.

"It'll help with your cramps which I believe would be coming soon." He said to her.

Secretly she prayed it doesn't come cause she goes through a hell lot of pain when she has cramps, it's likely the most painful experience apart from giving birth to her son. Her cramps are torturous and she wouldn't want it to come not when she's stuck with this neighbor of hers.

"I don't always have cramps." She lied. Lying through your teeth to look strong, so amusing.

"My wife told me she always doesn't have cramps too." He said. She didn't say another word, rather she moved to the end of the couch and sat down not turning, not looking at the bare chested man that was sitting at the other end of the couch sipping his coffee and throwing glances at her.

Finally it came... "Ouch." She cried quietly, looked at the man at the other end couch. Now he's busy with the laptop in front of him.

She took a deep breathe and slowly breathed out. The pain in her lower abdomen was getting severe and she's trying hard to make sure she doesn't cry or end up doing something stupid.

Why was I even punished with such a painful menstruation? Both her sisters had quite easy menstruation but hers was the most painful. Padma had told her it would get better after she might given birth but it wasn't any better, rather it became worse.

Jeremy was the one taking care of her while she'd it then. He would get in bed with her and spoon her till she sleeps and several times she ends up crying while he consoles her....

Oh Jeremy, why must there be a lot to remind me of the good moments we'd together? She wants to let it go, to leave her past and continue with whatever the future holds, but it was hard. Its hard to forget those close to you.

She took another deep breathe when the pain became worse, I just need to leave this place ASAP before this gets worse than it already is. She stood up, looked at the man who was so engrossed in his laptop that he didn't even look up. "Better." She muttered as she walked towards the room she'd woke up from.

She went in, took off the blanket and lay peacefully allowing her cramps to do what it did best, torture her.

Padma tried a few more times to call Vanessa as she drove but it wasn't still going through. She decided it's best she drove all the way there, than going with a flight which she believed that her obsessive and narcissistic son would want to trace.

She'd driven for an hour and a few minutes when her phone rang but luckily for her, she was well past Outer Banks and was really on the highway. There's a great chance she wouldn't be stopped by cops on the way for taking a call while driving at the speed she was in.

It was Vanessa. She long pressed the accept icon. "Hello Vanessa, where have you been? I've been calling you for ages now but you weren't....." "Grandma, it's me Sekani." She heard her grandson's voice panting like someone who had been playing. "Sekani where your mama?" She asked the boy.

"Mr. Stedman said she went somewhere and she isn't back too and Mr. Stedman isn't around too." He informed the woman after he gulped down the glass of water on the table. "Who's that?" Ariana asked him.