🌾CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN🌾

🍀LOVE, HATE, ABUSE AND REVIVAL🍀

Mr. Stedman was asleep when it sounded like he heard some noise coming from the living room. He opened his eyes and looked, Vanessa was asleep beside him.

He slowly got up, so not to wake her up and yawned, the noise came again.

Gosh, who's hell bent on ruining my peaceful moment? He asked himself as he got out of the bed and walked towards the door.

Phew, it was his cellphone. Someone was calling him. He walked down the hallway to the living room and there was the cellphone lying helplessly on the table close to his laptop and the wrapped box.

He picked it up and looked at the screen to see who the caller is, it's from the hospital. "Mtchew, what the f***?" He cursed under his breathe as he accepted the call. "Hello." He grunt.

From the background, he heard sirens and people talking loudly and  simultaneously. "Hello." He said again. This time more calmer than the previous as he knew what's happening. Another accident and they need my attention.

"Hello Mr. Stedman." He heard clearly the female voice that called him. "It's nurse Rosy,"  The voice said. "there's an emergency. A patient just got admitted by a woman. She said he'd got an accident with her truck, severe head injury and some others we still haven't checked. Doctor Marc isn't around can you please come to the hospital now." The nurse asked in a panicky voice which made him sigh.

They knew he isn't going to refuse that was why they called him. "Okay, I'm on my way. Take the patient to the ICU and have them wait for me there." He told her and hung up.

He went back to the room, Vanessa was still asleep. "It's useless disturbing her now." He said. So he fished out his pen, tore out a piece of paper from his journal and wrote her a note.

After giving whatever information he wanted to give, he went to his wardrobe and got out his shirt and a black pant, took out one of the shoes in the shoe rack and wiped it clean with a shoe brush.

Soon he was ready to go. He went back to the bed and planted a soft kiss on Vanessa's cheek, careful not to wake her up. He took his car keys and left.

Immediately he left, Vanessa opened her eyes and got up from the bed. She looked around the room. He made quite a mess while getting ready to leave. She stood up from the bed, still wearing his T-shirt. She went to the wardrobe and rearranged the clothes he'd thrown out while looking for the one to wear, kept the shoe brush back into it's holder and arranged the shoe rack.

She saw the note on the drawer and picked it up. "I didn't want to disturb you, I had an emergency and I'd to go attend to it. You can prepare something for yourself in the kitchen, although I don't have much in the refrigerator. I would be back soon."

She didn't know when she smiled at the note in her hand. Such a nice gentleman, she thought to herself as she kept the note in the little pocket of the T-shirt she was wearing. After getting the room back in order, she went to the kitchen and searched if there was anything edible. She wasn't surprised when she saw a few things.

Like a jar of milk, a pack of coffee, a jar of peanut butter, bread, eggs and a big bowl of ice cream. Junks.

She was not surprised though. Jeremy had almost the same in his refrigerator. I had to teach him how to shop for proper foodstuffs and also learn to prepare proper meals. She thought about the kids, it's past noon and knowing her not so fussy eater son, he would want to have his snacks now.

She rushed to the living room and looked through the window, the kids weren't outside anymore. "Now is the best time to go in without them seeing me." She said to herself, went back to the kitchen and kept back the stuffs she brought out and trod back to the living room.