𝐗𝐕. the undead captain sparrow

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐃𝐔𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 the abundant treasure

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐃𝐔𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 the abundant treasure. bella watched from nearby as barbossa stared at him, in thought.

"i must admit, jack: i thought i had you figured. but turns out, you're a hard man to predict," he expressed.

jack shrugged, throwing a piece of treasure over his shoulder. "me? i'm dishonest. and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest," he glanced at bella, who looked back at him amusedly. "honestly! it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly..." he looked at will. "stupid."

in one quick move, jack pulled a sword from a nearby pirate's belt, kicked him into the water and flipped the sword up to will. despite his surprise, will caught it and knocked the pirate guarding him to the ground.

jack pulled out his own sword. barbossa looked from jack to will confusedly, but bella immediately knew what was happening. jack and barbossa squared off, while will and bella were left to fight against three pirates.

they swung against the pirates fiercely, and were soon locked in a large duel.

bella looked up for a moment and saw jack and barbossa fighting furiously. they crossed swords and came face to face.

"you're off the edge of the map, mate. here there be monsters!" shouted barbossa.

she turned away and focused on attacking a bearded pirate. when she looked back over, jack had been driven to the ground. barbossa dropped his sword and stuck out his chest.

"you can't beat me, jack!" he said confidently.

jack thrusted his sword into barbossa. it had no effect. barbossa sighed and removed the sword . . . then drove it deep into jack's chest.

bella gasped, taken aback and scared. she struggled to defend against the pirates coming at her as jack stared down at the sword jutting from his chest.

then, he staggered a few steps backward, into the moonlight . . . and became skeletal.

"that's interesting," he uttered. "that's very interesting."

bella saw him look at his hands. in one was a shiny gold aztec coin.

a grin slowly spread across her face. will disarmed off one of the pirates and turned to stare at skeletal jack from beside bella.

"couldn't resist, mate," jack noted.

both men took their swords, in the moonlight now, two skeletons in pitched battle.

bella continued her own fight, now with two pirates. just as both pirates thrust their swords at her, bella jumped out of the way and the pirates stuck their swords in each other. she hurried away from them, pirates soon close on her heels.

"so what now, jack sparrow? are we to be two immortals, locked in an epic battle 'til judgment day and trumpets sound?" bella heard barbossa ask, echoing through the cave.

"or you could surrender," jack responded.

they immediately attacked each other again.

bella turned to see will thrown to the ground, the bearded pirate raising his sword.

"i'm gonna teach you the meaning of pain!" he yelled.

"you like pain?" came a girl's voice.

elizabeth appeared out of the smoke. she swung an oar, knocking the pirate aside.

"try wearing a corset," elizabeth snarled.

"i told you, just cut the strings!" bella shouted, in a duel with two pirates.

then, elizabeth noticed skeletal jack. "whose side is jack on?"

"at the moment?" will shrugged.

the two pirates who had been on bella attacked the lovebirds, and they narrowly darted away.

bella suddenly had an idea. she rushed over to elizabeth and thrusted the oar into the three pirates, hooking them together.

will grabbed one of the bearded pirate's bombs and yanked it free, sparking the fuse. he shoved it up inside the pirate's rib cage, and bella pushed all three out of the moonlight.

the pirate clutched at his flesh chest with no way to get the bomb out.

"no fair!" he cried.

bella quickly pushed will and elizabeth down as the bomb exploded and the remains of the pirates flew throughout the air.

now visible to the three of them, barbossa slashed at jack. he drove jack backwards, but jack took his medallion and sliced his hand with his sword. he tossed the coin at will, who hastened to the chest.

barbossa noticed will's movement on the other side of the cave. he broke off the fight and pulled out his pistol, but a moment too late.

by the time he aimed it at bella, will had already sliced his hand. she hurried to a stop frightenedly.

a shot echoed throughout the cavern.

barbossa turned in surprise. pistol raised and smoking, jack had shot him right in the chest.

"ten years you carry that pistol, and now you waste your shot?" barbossa asked incredulously.

"he didn't waste it!" will cried, holding his knife, left hand in a fist.

he opened the fist, and both his and jack's medallions dropped from his hand. the bloody coins, stained red, landed in the chest.

barbossa looks down at his chest in shock. blood blossomed on his shirt around the bullet hole.

jack lowered the pistol solemnly.

barbossa stared at the blood. he looked up at jack, towards will, towards bella, back to jack.

bella saw anger, dismay and even relief color barbossa's face.

"i feel . . . cold." his last words rung throughout the silent cave.

barbossa collapsed on his back, dead.

jack placed his pistol back into his belt. his satisfied expression was evident.

bella's heart was beating out of her chest, but she locked eyes with jack in wordless victory.