𝐈𝐈. the pirate lord of singapore

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 made their way through the strange spa, glancing around skeptically

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 made their way through the strange spa, glancing around skeptically. they reached the back of the building, where sao feng turned around. barbossa sunk into a low bow, and gestured for bella and elizabeth to do the same.

"captain barbossa," sao feng spoke. "welcome to singapore." he turned to one of the servant girls beside him. "more steam," he looked thoughtfully at his three guests for a moment. "i understand you have a request to make of me."

"more of a proposal to put to you," barbossa answered. "i have a venture underway and happen to find myself in need of a ship and a crew."

"this is an odd coincidence . . ." sao feng responded.

"because you happen to have a ship and a crew you don't need?" elizabeth interjected. bella elbowed her in the side as a reminder to be quiet.

"no," sao feng scratched his bald head. "because, earlier this day, not far from here, a thief broke into my most revered uncle's temple and tried to make off with these," he held up a wooden roll. "the navigational charts. the route to the farthest gate. wouldn't it be amazing if this venture of yours took you to the world beyond this one?"

"it would strain credulity at that," barbossa replied with innocence.

sao feng motioned to his men and they pulled will out of a tub of hot water. he desperately gasped for breath.

"this is the thief," sao feed pointed to him. "is his face familiar to you?"

the three shook their heads.

sao feng drew a blade. "then i guess he has no further need for it—" he made a move to kill will, but elizabeth gasped frightenedly.

bella and barbossa looked at her in slight anger.

"so, you come into my city, and betray my hospitality," sao feng walked back towards them.

bella shook her head guiltlessly. "captain sao feng, i assure you, we had no idea—"

"that he would get caught?!?!" sao feng shouted at her. "you intend to attempt a voyage to davy jones' locker. but i cannot help but wonder, why?"

barbossa solemnly tossed him a piece of eight. "the song has been sung. the time is upon us. we must convene the brethren court."

"the brethren is not what it once was. we have lost pieces of eight, causing the court to be incomplete," sao feng dismissed him. "captain michael stevens, pirate lord of the mediterranean, died years ago, taking his along with him!"

"my father's queen of spades?" bella looked at sao feng, speaking forcibly. "you've been misinformed. he left it to me, and i have taken his place as a member of the brethren court." she reached into her bra and pulled out the beaten-up card which had never left her person for 18 years. "as three of the nine pirate lords, we must honor the call."