𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. their beloved horizon

"𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘," jack sighed, pulling bella off the black pearl

"what?" she asked, turning to see tortuga in front of her.

"i just want you to myself," he answered, lacing their fingers together as they walked down the dirt road.

"lucky you," bella grinned. she spun around to pull him in for an affectionate kiss. they swayed on the spot, and when she pulled away, jack was smiling wide.

"i just need you, the sea, and some sunsets," he whispered. the rest of the crew was beginning to climb off the pearl.

"captain!" gibbs interrupted them. jack looked at him, annoyed. "looks like a storm's coming!" he pointed to the dark clouds rolling in.

"how unfortunate!" he replied, then turned around with bella again. "i don't care," he added under his breath so only she could hear.

from the corner of her eye, bella saw an interesting storefront. she swiveled back around, reading the sign. instantly, she had one of her best ideas.

"a tattoo parlor?" jack questioned as she tugged him into the building.

bella gazed up into his eyes. "i'm a sparrow now," she reminded him.

jack's face lit up in understanding.

* * *

the next day, jack and bella walked back in the direction of the pearl.

"let me see again," jack said, holding her around the shoulder.

bella pulled the right sleeve of her coat back, revealing a still-healing tattoo.

on her forearm was a sparrow flying across a setting sun over the sea.

jack held up his own arm next to hers. "it looks perfect," he repeated for the seventeenth time that morning.

"it does," bella agreed, before a shrill voice echoed behind them.

"jack sparrow?!" jack and bella turned around to see giselle and scarlett waltzing towards them.

jack's smile instantly vanished as bella wriggled out from under his arm and lightly pushed him in their direction. she smirked evilly.

"bella, i must ask why—"

"oh, don't mention it," she brushed him off. "ladies," bella nodded to the girls, then quickly turned around in the direction of the black pearl.

on the dock nearby, gibbs was sleeping, curled up with his teddy bear.

she climbed on board and saw most of the crew on the main deck. "let go the halyard, sheets, and braces!" she commanded.

"aye-aye, mrs. captain!" pintel and ragetti saluted.

bella chuckled and rolled her eyes. "mrs. captain" would never get old.

in a few minutes, she saw jack approaching the ship on the dock. giselle and scarlett were shoving themselves under his arms. bella dropped down from the pearl to meet them.