𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. still thinking of running?

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 rowed ashore to an island with a freshwater spring

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐖 rowed ashore to an island with a freshwater spring. they had left the pearl under will's control. lying on the beach was a gigantic dead squid. bella recognized it immediately. the kraken.

it was an unsettling sight. making small footsteps in the dark sand, she saw jack approach the beast.

she walked up to his side quietly. he stared into the kraken's dead eye. for a second, bella swore there was a pang of sympathy in his expression.

gently, she took his hand into hers. jack looked down at her, then back into the kraken's eye, stroking her hand with his thumb.

barbossa walked up behind them. 

"still thinking of running, jack? think you can outrun the world? you know, the problem with being the last of anything . . . by and by, there be none left at all," he said.

"sometimes things come back, mate," jack replied softly. "we're living proof, you and me."

"aye, but that's a gamble of long odds, ain't it?"

bella took a breath. "there's never a guarantee of coming back, but passing on . . ."

"that's dead certain," barbossa finished.

jack nodded, then turned to him. "summoning the brethren court, then, is it?"

"it's our only hope, lad," he answered.

"that's a sad commentary in and of itself," sighed jack.

"the world used to be a bigger place."

jack slightly shook his head, then squeezed bella's hand. "world's still the same. there's just... less in it."

the two turned around, and walked back along the shoreline.

"remind me, how did you find out you were a pirate lord?" jack asked her as they began approaching the fresh water spring.

"when the song was sung, barbossa told me my father was lord of the mediterranean," bella responded. "he asked if i knew where his piece of eight was, the queen of spades. i still had it with me, and everything lined up."

"so you've been a member of the brethren since nine years old?" jack realized.

"i suppose," shrugged bella.

after a moment, jack sighed, but she read his mind before he even opened his mouth.

"you're not getting out of this, jack," she turned to face him. "you've proven you're a good man. now it's time to be consistent."

jack looked down at her, slightly frowning in thought.

"why do you think i came to get you?" she continued. "we're in this together."

jack raised his eyebrows and wrapped one of his arms around her waist. "your life would be so much safer if you hadn't snuck out the night we met."

"and?"

"and i'm eternally grateful for that fact." he grinned at her just as they reached the freshwater spring.

"poisoned! fouled by the body!" exclaimed barbossa.

there was a dead man floating in the water. bella squinted at his pale face in disgust.

"oi, captain!" marty shouted. jack and bella turned around and saw a ship nearing the pearl. "we got company!"

suddenly, all of tai huang's men pointed their weapons at the two of them and barbossa. bella jumped closer to jack instinctively.

". . . he's the captain," jack pointed over at barbossa.

* * *

"sao feng, you showing up here, 'tis truly a remarkable coincidence," barbossa said, back on deck of the pearl.

sao feng looked behind barbossa, however, to jack. "jack sparrow, you paid me great insult once."

"that doesn't sound like me—" sao feng nailed jack in the nose with a hard punch. jack seemed like he was in true pain. "shall we just call it square, then?"

will suddenly appeared in the group, pointing to elizabeth. "release her. she's not part of the bargain."

"and what bargain is that?" bella asked, looking at will.

"you heard captain turner," sao feng agreed. "release her."

both jack and bella were shocked by his new title. "captain turner?!" jack muttered.

"aye, the perfidious rotter led a mutiny against us," gibbs told them.

"what?!" exclaimed bella, turning to will.

"i need the pearl to free my father. that's the only reason i came on this voyage," will announced. 

bella glared at will coldly, but elizabeth gasped. "why didn't you tell me you were planning this?"

will looked down at her solemnly. "it was my burden to bear."

"he needs the pearl! captain turner needs the pearl!" exclaimed jack. "and you felt guilty," he pointed at bella, who scoffed in disagreement. "and you and your brethren court!" he gestured to barbossa. "did no one come to save me just because they missed me?"

bella rolled her eyes as marty, pintel, ragetti, cotton, and jack the monkey slowly raised their hands.

"i'm standing over there with them," jack decided, grabbing bella's wrist to tug her with him.

"i'm sorry, jack, but there's an old friend who wants to see you and miss stevens first," hissed sao feng.

"i'm not certain we can survive any more visits from old friends," jack said uncomfortably.

"here is your chance to find out," he shoved jack and bella through the crowd until they saw it.

the endeavour.

a/n

sorry this chapter is kind of a filler but the next one makes it worth it

love you all more than words, also stream positions & sweet melody

bye for now!! sarah