𝐕. a touch of destiny

𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆, then offered bella his hand to help her climb out of the longboat

"no worries, mates. tia dalma and i go way back. thick as thieves. nigh inseparable we are . . . were . . . have been . . . before . . ." jack trailed off anxiously.

"i'll watch your back," gibbs assured him, joining them on the landing.

"it's me front i'm worried about," jack replied. bella chuckled as she and jack entered the small hut.

"mind the boat," gibbs said, following behind them.

jack cautiously crept through the door, glancing around nervously. standing behind him, bella saw a woman look up and break into a smile.

"jack sparrow," she greeted.

"tia dalma," jack answered, waltzing over to her.

"i always knew the wind was going to blow you back to me one day," she said, approaching him. but then, she spotted will and pointed to him. "you. you have a touch of . . . destiny about you. william turner."

"you know me?" asked will.

tia dalma reached out and touched his cheek. "you want to know me," she leaned in.

jack hurried over to intervene between them. "there'll be no knowing here. we've come for help and we're not leaving without it," he led tia dalma away from will. "i thought i knew you," he added.

bella rolled her eyes.

"not so well as i'd hoped," tia answered, heading to the back. "come."

"come," repeated jack, motioning the rest of the crew over.

"what service may i do you?" she asked, caressing will's face once more. then, she turned forcefully in jack's direction. "you know i demand payment."

"i brought payment," jack replied. he whistled for the cage to be brought over, then showed her the monkey. "look . . ." he shot it. "an undead monkey. top that!"

tia opened the cage door, and jack the monkey quickly escaped.

"no," gibbs winced. "you've no idea how long it took us to catch that."

"the payment is fair," said tia, turning back to the table.

"we're looking for this," will stated, laying out the drawing of the key. "and what it goes to."

"the compass in your possession, it cannot lead you to this?" tia questioned jack. bella glanced at the compass at jack's waist.

"maybe," jack replied. "why?"

"ah . . . jack sparrow does not know what he wants," tia smiled. "or do you know, but are loath to claim it as your own?" she continued, gazing at bella.