𝐈. newest member of the brethren

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄

edges of the map filled in, company controlling the seas, pirates struggling to survive, and no captain jack sparrow.

bella and barbossa walked through the streets of singapore, keeping their heads down.

"i trust you comprehend your father's history, then?" he asked her.

over the past couple months, bella had gone into a detailed analysis of her father's past and involvement with the brethren court, aided by those surrounding her.

"pirate lord of the mediterranean," she confirmed. "when he gave me his piece of eight, i must admit, i had no recollection of its significance."

"ah," barbossa replied.

"it's odd to think i've been a pirate lord for 18 years," she admitted. "but i've carried his piece everywhere since the day he put it in my care."

"so you understand the importance of convening the brethren?"

"i predominantly understand the importance of getting jack back," bella glared at him. "i suspect you don't share my sentiments."

"we must honor the call," barbossa said fiercely.

"i never disagreed," she responded with even more force and authority.

by then, they had made it off of the streets. the two stepped down a set of stairs to retrieve elizabeth near the river.

".... particularly a woman. particularly a woman alone." they heard a man say to her menacingly.

"what makes you think she's alone?" barbossa stepped into their view.

the man turned around, surprised. "you protect her?"

"and what makes you think i need protecting?" elizabeth sprung into action and held a knife to the man's throat.

"your master's expectin' us," barbossa told the man. he glanced at elizabeth. "an unexpected death would cast a slight pall on our meeting." she released him from her grip.

bella, elizabeth, and barbossa followed tai huang and his men back through the streets of singapore, towards sao feng's residence.

"have you heard from will?" elizabeth questioned.

"i trust young turner to acquire the charts," barbossa replied.

"and that you'll remember your place in the presence of captain sao feng," bella broke in. "he's one of the pirate lords, and he controls this town. don't do anything you'll regret."

"is he that terrifying?" elizabeth asked.

"he's much like myself, but absence my merciful nature and sense of fair play," barbossa informed her.

they arrived at the entrance to sao feng's hideout, and someone on the other side opened a slit in the door.

"hoi," tia huang nodded. the door swung open.

"merciful nature?" bella muttered incredulously as they were let inside. "compared to what, a venomous snake?"

"you haven't got much room to talk," barbossa scowled.

bella rolled her eyes. as much as she wanted to pretend he was lying, barbossa was actually spot on. over the past couple months, she had become harsh and cutthroat, not at all her usual sarcastic and carefree self.

the reason for this change was obvious, but bella distracted herself as much as possible.

barbossa, bella, and elizabeth gave up their weapons to the guards. bella and elizabeth tried to move past tai huang, but he held up his hand to stop them.

"you think because they are women we would not suspect them of treachery?" he said to barbossa.

"well, when you put it that way," responded barbossa with an innocent smile.

"remove, please," tai huang requested, looking at the girls.

bella sighed and removed her jacket, revealing plenty more guns, knives, and bombs. she exasperatedly set them on the table in front of her. she reached back into her boot and grabbed two small pistols.

elizabeth removed her own coat to reveal a leather harness with several more guns and bombs on it. she pulled another large gun out of her boot.

tai huang raised his eyes to meet bella's. "remove, please," he smiled slyly.

 "remove, please," he smiled slyly

a/n

it's all startingggg :)

i hope you all like this last part, sorry the first chapter is a bit short!

i love you all sosososo much, sarah