𝐗𝐈𝐕. calypso's fury

"𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐋 as our flagship to lead the attack," bella announced, climbing back aboard the pearl

"will we, now?" barbossa said.

"all right, mrs. fish, c'mon," bella heard pintel say. she turned to see tia dalma being brought up from below deck, bound in ropes.

"barbossa, you can't release her!" will exclaimed.

"can't i, now?" barbossa narrowed his eyes.

"jack's on the dutchman right now!" elizabeth argued.

"we have to give him a chance," nodded bella.

"apologies, your majesty!" barbossa responded angrily. "but 'tis certain the world we know ends today, and I won't be letting the likes of cutler beckett say what comes next — and i won't be pinning my hopes on jack sparrow, either. too long me fate has not been in my own hands. no longer!!"

barbossa reached out and pulled elizabeth's piece of eight off of her neck. he dropped it into the wooden bowl, where the other pieces were.

some of the crew members grabbed bella, will, and elizabeth to keep them from protesting.

"be there some manner of rite or incantation?" gibbs asked.

"aye. the items brought together, done," barbossa answered. "items to be burned. and someone must speak the words, 'calypso, i release you from your human bonds.'"

"is that it?" pintel questioned.

"tis said it must be spoken as if to a lover," barbossa replied.

some of the surrounding pirates snickered, but bella remained stone-faced.

"calypso, i release you from your human bonds!!" barbossa said grandly.

he attempted to light the items, but nothing happened.

"is that it?" pintel asked again.

"no, no, he didn't say it right!" ragetti suddenly broke in. everyone turned to him, and even he looked shocked that he'd spoken. "you . . . you have to say it right," he repeated defensively. he stepped up to tia dalma, and whispered to her. ". . . calypso, i release you from your human bonds."

the wooden bowl suddenly levitated, and the items caught fire.

"tia dalma!" bella pulled away from the pirates holding her back. tia's eyes raised to meet hers . . . but she wasn't tia anymore. "calypso."

the bowl tumbled to the ground.

"when the brethren court first imprisoned you, who was it that told them how?" will exclaimed, breaking away towards her. "who was it that betrayed you?"

"name him!" calypso snarled.

"davy jones," will breathed.

suddenly, she began rapidly growing. she towered above the ship, snapping her binds and splintering the deck of the pearl.