𝐗𝐈𝐕. a new captain

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 down the dark, swampy, jungle river

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐃 down the dark, swampy, jungle river. along the way, many native people held candles, casting unearthly yellow patterns on the murky water.

the crew of the black pearl found safety in tia dalma's dimly lit hut. there was nothing to be heard but the soft thud of will's knife hitting the table repeatedly.

tia walked out with a tray of drinks. she offered one to bella. "against the cold, and the sorrow," tia said. bella took a mug, looking forlorn and plagued.

without jack, she was nothing. save for her pistols, her sword, and her father's decrepit old playing card — every part of her was missing.

tia moved towards will. "it's a shame," she spoke quietly. "i know you're thinking that with the pearl, you could've captured the devil and set free your father's soul."

"doesn't matter now," will shook his head. "the pearl's gone... along with its captain." he threw his knife down into the table again.

"aye," gibbs agreed, turning around sadly. "and already the world seems a bit less bright. he fooled us all, right to the end. but i guess that honest streak finally won out," he raised his drink. "to jack sparrow!"

"never another like captain jack," ragetti added.

"he was a gentleman of fortune, he was," pintel said, sounding emotional.

"he was a good man," elizabeth nodded.

bella glanced up at her. those words triggered something in her she couldn't explain. she tried to close her eyes, but all she could see was jack. a piece of her heart had gone down with that ship, if not the whole thing. she stared blankly at the floor, trying to block out her feelings——

"if there was anything could be done to bring him back . . . bella . . ." will trailed off. bella raised her glossy eyes to meet his.

tia stepped back to will. "would you do it? hmm?" she turned around to bella. "what would you? hmm? what would any of you be willing to do? hmm?" a small grin appeared on tia's face. "would you sail to the ends of the earth and beyond to fetch back witty jack and him precious pearl?"

"i'd do anything," bella said reflexively. if there was even the slightest chance of bringing him back, she would take it.

gibbs glanced around at the crew members. "aye," he said.

"aye," pintel declared strongly.

"aye," repeated ragetti.

"awk! aye!" cotton's parrot squawked.

"yes," elizabeth spoke.

"aye," will said softly.

"he's not perfect, but he's all i've ever wanted," bella murmured.

tia smiled sympathetically. "all right. but if you are going to brave the weird and haunted shores at world's end . . . then, you will need a captain who knows those waters well."

she turned around to the staircase.

heavy footsteps stomped down in their direction. the crew gathered around tia, looking up in disbelief at the pirate in front of them.

"so, tell me, what's become of my ship?" barbossa asked, monkey on his shoulder. he took a big bite of a green apple, face full of satisfaction.

bella couldn't help but let a glimmer of hope echo throughout her body. the pirate she loved might be gone now, but she would stop at nothing to bring him back.

 the pirate she loved might be gone now, but she would stop at nothing to bring him back

a/n

heyyy it's me, your favorite pirates & harry potter obsessed birthday girl :)

hope you loved part two! ik there wasn't much going on, but y'all needed some down time to buckle your seatbelts for part three.

at world's end is my favorite potc movie. naturally, it's going to have the best storyline (in my opinion) of all three parts. a loooooot of stuff is about to go down. get excited, because i'm literally smiling like an idiot while typing this.

also, thank you sosososososo much for reading this book! ik there's a ton of jack fics you could choose from, and i love you all for choosing this one.

i'll send you tissues if you need them. you probably will. not gonna say anything else.

anyway, here's part three!