Twenty-one

Namjoon

He slams his phone on the floor, watching it break, running his fingers through his purple hair groaning loudly.

It had already been three days, and Jin was still not answering his calls or messages. He's been too caught up in his life to actually visit him at the work, and he was sure that even if he did go there, Jin wouldn't meet him anyway.

"Trouble in paradise?" Hoseok asks, sitting at the uncomfortable stool in the waiting room, handing him a small cup of coffee. Namjoon groans again, running his hands over his face.

Before he can answer, a door opens next to them, and tired looking Bogum steps out. He smiles tiredly and sits down next to them. "Hey, how's everything?" Namjoon asks, pulling him in the loose side hug. "Drugs are pain, but I think that I will be fine, for now"

Namjoon nods, sighing tiredly. "Let's get you home, so you can rest." Bogum nods, holding on him while he stands up, stumbling a little. Namjoon holds him up, helping him out of the oncology's department.

In the evening, after helping tired Bogum in the bed, he was sitting in the kitchen, his head between his hands, deep in his toughs.

His life was getting out off his hands. Bogum's cancer was getting even angrier, spreading like crazy, and nothing seemed to work on it. His mother was breathing on his neck for marrying Bogum.

But only thing in Namjoon's mind was how Jin wasn't answering his calls. Purple haired male groans, banging his head on the table, and feeling his eyes burn. He did miss Jin, badly, and wanted to come clean with him, to tell him that after Bogum is cured, they could finally be together.

Only thing he wants, is to be freed from this, his own personal hell, and be with the man he really wants.

But he is too nice, too responsible. He had made a promise to Bogum when he was diagnosed, and he intended to keep it.

Even if it was breaking his own heart

——————
Taehyung

Jin hasn't seen the younger yet, standing in the door way to the kitchen. He had been worried about him for a days already, but Jin hasn't said anything to him, only been really sad, barely functioning on his daily life. Every time someone asked him about it, he had only smiled sheepishly and told that he was fine.

But even a blind man could see that he was anything but fine. Jin's phone rings, and dark haired man shutters when he looks at it. His gaze is locked at it, when the device blinks, flashing the name in it.

Taehyung sighs, rushing over and picking the phone up from the table, and holds it out to him. "Answer to him."
Raven haired only stares at the phone on his brothers hand, not taking it. Finally ringing stops, and Taehyung sighs again, lowering the device back at the table.

"Hyung.." he starts, but his hyung only shakes his head. "Don't." Jin says, his voice weak and plain, stripped from all the feelings. They both turn to look at the phone, when it start ringing again. This time younger of the two picks it up, and answers to it.

"Hello, this is Taehyung. I will put you on the speaker now"

Jin is shaking, when younger puts his phone down, call still going on, and this time it's on loudspeaker.

"Hey baby, I've been missing you like crazy"

Namjoon's smooth, calm voice rings in older's ears, getting his eyes water. Taehyung takes that as an clue, and exits from the kitchen, staying behind the half closed door, in case his hyung needs him.

He can hear Jin's broken sobs, and Namjoon's calm voice pleading to him to stop crying. And all that, makes him think of him. The love of his life, person whose heart he shattered by his selfish actions.

Sighing, he pulls his phone out, looking at his lock screen. His wallpaper is picture of them, kissing in the sunset. It's from their last night as an couple, and Jungkook had asked him, that if he would like to marry someday, and what kind of wedding would he like?

And only thing he had been thinking in that time was, that he wasn't sure if Jungkook was the one he sincerely wanted to marry.

But now, he was regretting everything.