Thirty-five

Taehyung

"Baby, there is someone at the door!" Jungkook shouts from the kitchen where he is cooking dinner.

Taehyung groans and painfully dragged his body towards the front door. When he pulls it open he shrieks surprised.

"Hyung!!" There is lively laughter and then Taehyung is been pulled in a bone crushing hug.

"Is everything..." Jungkook steps out of the kitchen wearing his pink apron, and holding a spatula, which he drops at the floor by the scene in front.

"Hyung.." he whispers, but he's been heard. "Come here Kook, I've missed you both"

Three of them hugged tightly, before Jungkook smells something burning.

"Oh, my noodles!" He runs back at the kitchen, and the brothers are left behind. Jin chuckles happily but Taehyung's quilt is eating him from the inside.

"Hyung, I have something I need to tell you" he says and Jin turns towards him with an questionable look on his face. He nods, and younger continues.

"When you were in the hospital, Namjoon-hyung did made his choice." Younger whispers quietly, seeing how his big brother starts to shake.

"I only wanted to protect you, don't be angry at me hyung" Taehyung says, reaching out to hold his hand.

"Tell me what he said" Jin's voice is almost icy, and Taehyung could almost feel the cold breeze.

"He.. he said that he choose you" Taehyung whispers and can hear how his brother gasps. "What! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Jin is pulling his hair, stomping his feet. "He did want me, but you made me believe that he didn't. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me anymore, and you have just ruined everything!" Taehyung quivers, tries to make himself as small as possible, to stay away from Jin's way.

"I know he does. I know it for fact" Jungkook interrupted, stepping next to shivering Taehyung and pulling him on the side hug, to help him calm down.

"How?" Jin asks, turning towards the two, his gaze hard, making Jungkook almost step away.

"I live with him hyung, I hear every night when he's moaning and bitching and crying after you like a little bitch."

Jin cocks his eyebrow for Jungkook's statement. "He would kill you if he heard that, wouldn't he?"

"He would, please don't tell!" Jungkook asks, desperately, but Jin is already gone.

"I was stupid" Taehyung whispers, and Jungkook cups his cheeks, kissing his nose lovingly.
"Yes, you were, but you were only looking out for him"

——————
Namjoon

He was at the company again. After Jin left he had found it hard to stay alone in his apartment, after he sold the house he and Bogum had lived together.

He had never went back there, he let Bogum and his soulmate live there, and after the curly haired went to the hospice home, to live his last moments, Namjoon had emptied the house and put it on sale.

He had taken Jungkook to live with him, but after patching things up with his lover, he had spend more and more time with the Kim's.

Namjoon runs his hands through his blond fringe and leans back at his chair. His desk is full of half finished lyrics and papers of dismissed writings were scattered around the studio floor.

Slight knock comes from his door, making him turn towards it. "Hey, come eat with us, Yoongi-hyung ordered some chicken" Hoseok says, and taller man stands up from the table and follows him in the break room.

Three of them were eating in silence, enjoying other's company, when Yoongi's phone dings.

"It's Minjae, the head of security." He says surprised, and Hoseok turns his attention on him. "What did he say?" He asks stuffing his face with the chicken.

"There is someone asking for Namjoon" Yoongi says, lifting his gaze at the spaced out blond.

"Go and see who there is, Minjae didn't tell me" smaller male says, and blond nods, taking his phone off the table and leaving the room.

Halls were buzzing with busy people running around, but Namjoon didn't see them, he was so merged in his toughs, which were filled up with the dark haired male he missed so dearly.

Elevator dings, indicating that he had made it tho the lobby, and he mindlessly steps out of it. Minjae, the head of security is standing next to a male, whose back is turned towards him, when he approached them.

"I'm here, you were asking me?" He voices out, his voice groggy and raspy. He can see how the other male, still his back turned towards him, stiffens a little.

There is something really familiar in the man, and Namjoon can feel how his heart quickens it's beat, and his hands are getting clammy.

It can't be..

And then human turns around and Namjoon can feel how his heart burst with happiness. He's here, and he's standing right out of his reach, but they are standing in the same room.

His eyes burn, and he can feel how his hands start to shake when he takes a small step forward.

"Baby.." raven haired man smiles shyly, steps closer and hugs him tightly, and first time in years, Namjoon is feeling a whole again.