A Visit from Frigga

Six months later.

Asher woke up, expecting Loki to be sitting on the day bed, like he usually is, throwing around an iron cup.

Instead she found Loki talking to a woman she hadn't seen before.

"Odin continues to bring me and Asher new friends, how thoughtful." Loki said as a group of prisoners are being brought down to the dungeons to share Loki and Asher's fate.

"The books I sent, do they not interest you?" The woman said walking over to Loki. Loki turned from the cell wall and looked at the woman.

"Is that how I am to while away eternity? Reading?" Loki said.

"I've done everything I can to make you comfortable Loki." She said. Loki looked over to Asher's cell now.

The guards had separated them because they thought they had heard them talking about escape. What Asher and Loki were really talking about was how Loki got out last time. Thankfully, It was right beside his.

"Have you? Does Odin share your concern? Does Thor? It must be so inconvenient, them asking after me, day and night." Loki said sarcastically.

"You know full well it was your actions that brought you here." she said.

"My actions." Loki said. "I was merely giving truth to the lie I've been fed my entire life. That I was born to be a king."

"A king? A true king admits his faults." She said obviously getting annoyed. "What of the lives you took on Earth?"

"Only a handful compared to the number that Odin has taken himself." Loki said walking away from the lady.

"Your Father-"

"HE'S NOT MY FATHER!" Loki yelled. Asher flinched and the women just looked disappointed.

'Then am I not your mother?"

Loki took a deep breath, composing himself. "Your not." 

The woman just smiled and laughed. "You're always so perceptive, about everyone but yourself."

"You're wrong." Loki said. "You forgot Asher." He said trying to take her hands, but she faded away, just an illusion. Loki bit his lip, looking away.

Loki looked over to Asher and smiled.

"At least I know you won't fade." He said smiling walking over to the wall that divided them. Asher had become like a daughter to him. And Loki had become like a father to Asher. Suddenly the yellow tinted wall disappeared and there was nothing separating him from her.

Loki smiled and whispered to himself, "Thank you, mother." deep down, Loki had and always will think of the woman, whose name was Frigga, as his mother.

"Hey how are you doing, kiddo." He said hugging Asher.

"Good, you?" She asked.

"Things have been better."