Did You Ever

Another few days came and went without you so much as hearing from Kylo Ren. At this point you just accepted the fact that you and him would probably never speak again much less be intimate again. Your mind seemed to be more and more clear of him with each passing day, thankfully. Diane had left for another week long excursion, so it was just you and Ashton all day, every day for the next six days.

It was night time, and the baby was long asleep. You had wanted to go on a stroll in your neighborhood, but the events from a few weeks back in the park still had you shaken up to the point where you didn't feel comfortable on the streets anymore. You hated that because you had never ever been that way before. Fuck that drunk man.

Not being able to go on the walk you so desired, you opted to go to the library. It was a spot you hadn't spent much time in the home, and you wanted to see what kinds of literature your host family was into. You slipped on some shorts and an oversized tshirt and made your way over to the library.

The wretched housemaid was just finishing up cleaning one of the desks in the room as you walked in. You narrowed your eyes immediately. You had done a pretty good job of avoiding her since you spoke to her last. Sometimes you would walk by her and catch her giving you the evil eye, but the accusations (true accusations) of adultery had stopped.

Well, at least until then.

"Well, if it isn't everyone's favorite homewrecker?" she put her hands on her hips as she looked you up and down.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me, dude?" you sighed, totally not willing to get into it with Dusty.

"I call it like I see it," she spat. You placed your fingers on your temples a massive pressure building in your head.

"You know, Dusty, even if I were fucking Mr. Ren, it would be on him, too, you realize that right?" you said aggressively, "You can call me names and bitch and complain all you want, but it won't change the fact I took your job. You should be thankful Mr. Ren even kept you on staff. You seem to hate him so much, anyway? Why do you even stay?" Your words fell one after another, unable to censor yourself tonight.

"You can spew all that shit at me but know my allegiance stays with Mrs. Ren, and I look out for her. I will catch you. I will," she said, lips thin and tight.

"What the fuck ever, Dusty. Don't you have somewhere to be?" you groaned and walked further into the library. She made a disgusted sound and left the room. You were about fucking done with her shit. But you were a team player, and you never wanted to be problematic on staff, so you would probably just keep your mouth shut.

You looked at the massive expanse of books totally in awe. You wondered why you had never bothered to come explore this room. It was like an actual library. Everything was categorized and in alphabetical order. It was an absolute dream. You began your trek to find the next best book to read. You opted for a play by Arthur Miller and plopped down into the cozy reading chair in the corner of the room.

Your eyes began to glaze over as you read the words of the play. You looked at the clock on the wall and realized you had been steadfastly reading for almost two hours. It was midnight. It was probably a good time to retire to your bedroom to get some good sleep. You stood and brought the book back to its rightful place. You yawned and stretched your arms before moving to leave the room. As you were walking to the exit you saw someone sitting in the chair near the door. You looked over to see Kylo Ren clad in black pajama pants and a black tshirt, his fingers intertwined in his lap. He was staring at you with a cold expression on his chiseled face.

"What do you want?" your tone was venomous. The obvious want to be away from him clear.

"I haven't seen you recently," he said in his deep and booming voice.