You Really Do

It was completely irresponsible to agree to go on this trip. No matter how much Kylo tried to convince you that you had security in this operation, you knew it was dumb. And you were sure he did, too, but at this point you were convinced he had given up on secrecy due to his increased, open interest in you. If Diane found out, he would probably have been relieved about it. But you wouldn't. Job security was important to you, and becoming world wide known as this dude's mistress would absolutely ruin that.

But still, as a girl from a humble small town with humble small town parents, a luxury trip was enticing, and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity. And before you had ruined your entire life by telling Kylo you were falling in love with him, you were excited about the time with him. But he had barely spoken to you since the ER, and you had just accepted it was probably going to be like that the entire time. That didn't mean that you hadn't sat in the private SUV and thought about it. Were you falling in love with him? You didn't know what it felt like, but if it felt like constant giddiness, pain, sorrow, horniness, and an overwhelming sense of shame, you were. And you thought about how Kylo was so disgusted that you would say that, that he would have rather almost gotten tetanus than talk to you about it.

He was sitting in the seat next to you on the awkward ride to JFK Airport. He was dressed in a black hoodie and black joggers. He was wearing some Balenciaga sneakers and Burberry sunglasses. He looked like a true blue celebrity. Like the paparazzi photos of famous people at the airport. He looked like such a cliche, and it was kind of funny. You had opted to just wear the black bohemian sundress you had had on before you left with your fuzzy yellow cardigan over top. Your small overnight bag was no match for Kylo's set of matching Louis Vuitton luggage. He had packed a lot of stuff, and you wondered what it possibly could have been. He seemed pretty low maintenance at home. Maybe it was business shit.

Though you had gone on many trips with your previous (they could barely be counted as vacations because you were taking care of children the whole time) you had never flown before. You had only taken long car rides. You hadn't had time to be nervous about it up until this very moment. You were approximately 5 minutes from the airport now, and the reality was crushing into you hard. You were going to be in an aluminum tube 100,000 feet in the sky. Kylo seemed super calm, sitting there in his incognito outfit and with his wrapped up hand, totally content with the fact that he was about to enter a huge piece of machinery suspended in the sky. You decided against talking about it with him, because you were pretty sure you were walking on thin ice with him. You were still so surprised you were here right now.

Before you could chicken out and ask the driver to just dump you on the side of the road, you had reached the terminal.

"Excuse us," Kylo finally said curtly to the driver. He exited the vehicle and walked to the black SUV behind the one you were in. The Associates of Ren were accompanying him on this business trip. They apparently went everywhere with him.

"I need you to get out of the car first. Wait for me to come around and follow behind me closely. People are going to be yelling at you and asking you questions. Ignore them," he was being so demanding, and the last thing you cared about at the moment was his demands. You were terrified of dying in the next hour. You didn't respond to him, you just got out of the car with the most annoyed expression of all time. And then suddenly, from absolute thin air, paparazzi camera flashes bombarded you. You heard people screaming at you and you could barely make out what they were saying.

"It's his assistant!" people were exclaiming with glee. And that was that. You were forever known as Kylo Ren's assistant.

You stood there shielding your eyes when Kylo emerged from behind the SUV, the flashes and clicking of the camera intensifying by a thousand. He had a backpack hanging on his shoulder, he looked so good. The Associates of Ren surrounded you and Kylo in an instant and escorted you through the horde of skeezy paparazzi folks. Then a realization hit you. What if Diane saw these photos? She knew you weren't his assistant, and why would he be taking you to the airport?