Responsible

(A/N: I was gonna wait till Monday to post this one, but I couldn't so here you go! Enjoy!)

You saw white. You didn't even know what exactly the emotion was that you were feeling, but it sucked, and you were truly at a loss as to what to do. Your body felt numb, and the thoughts came rushing in. This was it. You were done for. You were going to lose the best job you ever had, be on the shit list of a prominent New York socialite, and any hope of spending some good time with Kylo was gone. You didn't know what to do. So you gasped. Audibly and clearly.

"What's wrong?" Kylo shifted to face you. "What is it?" he was looking at your phone screen.

You didn't say a word. You sat up and stared at the picture's thumbnail. The shot was taken in front of the two of you, you were walking closely together, his arm snaked around your back, steps from the stairs leading up to the jet. The words of the message stared back at you.

"What is this about?"

It seemed aggressive. But of course it was. You were boarding a private plane with the woman's husband while she was away. What lie could Kylo possible tell that she would believe? What was she going to do? She was, after all, planning on divorcing him, so maybe it would be less bad? But all the lying. All the secrecy, the fake kindness. You could physically feel Karma biting you in the ass at that instance.

Kylo barked your name sternly. "What's going on?"

You dropped your phone next to him, unable to get the words out of your mouth. You pointed to the illuminated screen, and you felt the tears coming up in your eyes.

Kylo picked up the phone, and his face seemed to turn pale, ghost white. His eyes darted across the screen trying to make sense of what he was seeing.

"Who the fuck...." he was whispering to himself, "who the fuck took this?"

You had been wondering that yourself in your stream of thoughts in seeing the photo. You were pretty buzzed by the time you were boarding the flight, so you were scrambling your thoughts together to try to remember who was around when you boarding. You couldn't remember specific faces, but you didn't remember there being a lot of people. Just some Associates and some of the flight traffic people.

Kylo shot up from the bed holding your phone as he paced around the room looking at the photo over and over again. You had never seen him even close to panicked, and he screamed unease and panic as you watched him traverse the large bedroom. Kylo seemed to always have a plan, and though you were a worrisome person by nature, his confidence in always having a plan made you feel at ease somewhat, but this, seeing him like this, made your anxiety triple a million times.

"Okay, okay," Kylo was muttering to himself, "maybe I could, uh, say that I needed--no, fuck, I can't say that she knows about that!" he stopped and looked at your phone screen again before throwing it across the room, the glass shattering upon impact. "FUCK."

You didn't have time to care about your now broken phone. This was bad.

"Kylo..." you finally breathed out. "What do we do?"

"The fuck if I know!" he was yelling, letting out a loud, guttural scream before kicking the chair next to him.

"We have to tell her..." you were finding it hard to breathe.

"Are you fucking stupid?" he spat at you. "I need this divorce to be a smooth as possible, I can't go into court with a fucking side piece!"

"I can't keep lying! She is going to do something bad, Kylo, I know she is," you were feeling like now may be the time to tell him. Or was it? Would he fucking kill you because you had kept it from him?