A Plan

You were sitting in the pale pink decorated waiting room on the overused leather couch. Your olive colored, once oversized t-shirt was clinging to your torso, and you honestly felt uncomfortable. You were getting to that point where the bloating and heartburn was kicking in, and you started wonder why so many people had always told you pregnancy was so beautiful and amazing. You felt like bloated hog corpse, and you had about two more months of this shit.

Kylo was sitting by your side, looking absolutely perfect compared to you. He was in casual clothes today. Casual clothes being a plain black t-shirt and jeans that together would cost more than most people's rent. His big stupid hand was on your thigh, and it was irritating you for no reason at all. You loved the shit out of him, but you wanted to punch him today. His hair was perfect as ever and his skin beautiful and clear. You started to feel disdain toward men. They didn't have to go through this bullshit. Disgusting.

Of course, because it happened anywhere he went, the other people in the waiting room were staring. Kylo hadn't worked with Rae Sloane to make a public announcement yet, because you had asked him to wait till you confirmed with a doctor that it was a girl. So, anyone in that waiting room was now among the first to know about this. Or they could have just assumed you were there for other OB/GYN related things. But they seemed to be way less concerned about you and far more about Kylo.

You were bouncing your knee nervously as you waited. A woman sitting across from you looked like she was about to burst, and she had a toddler sitting next to her. You couldn't imagine having a baby and then having yet another one so soon. Especially seeing as you felt like a stuffed turkey.

Kylo's hand squeezed your leg. You could almost feel all the water you were retaining.

"Why are you so nervous?" he looked down at you.

"Because I'm almost seven months pregnant, and this is my first doctor's appointment. That's some real irresponsible shit," you rolled your eyes at him.

"Women went thousands upon thousands of year going their entire pregnancy without seeing a doctor. You're fine," he said your name trying to reassure you.

"What if something is like horrifically wrong?"

"You need to chill," he said a little more sternly that time. You sighed and brought your knee to a rest.

You looked at him with an astonished expression. "Don't fucking tell me how to feel right now, you black haired son of a bitch." You were pissed.

Kylo raised his eyebrows. "You're right. I'm sorry."

You exhaled through your nose. "No, I'm sorry. Just shut up. I'm nervous."

He rubbed your thigh. "Yes, ma'am."

A small nurse appeared from behind the door to the waiting room.

"Mrs. and Mr. Ren?" she called out, awkwardly pretending not to know who she was looking for. You blushed at her calling you Mrs. Ren as you stood and quickly walked past all the eyes on you.

"We aren't married," you said bluntly as you walked past her.

"I'm so sorry," she said with an apologetic smile. "Follow me."

You were following the nurse closely, Kylo by your side.

"Don't sound so disgusted at the prospect of being married to me," Kylo joked.

"What? Do you want to get married?" You shot back.

His face quickly turned to one of terror and worry.

"I'm kidding, Ren."

He exhaled immediately.

You and Kylo were situated in the ultrasound room. Everything felt so real at that point. Of course the reality had hit you before, but being in this room solidified it. Kylo was trying to play it cool for you, but you could tell he was nervous now. He was standing by your side, arms crossed and closely watching the nurse as she prepped her tools.