( oo4, act one )

-- fine line

JOSSLYN PULLED HERSELF INTO THE RV, quietly closing the door behind her. It was currently four in the morning, just a mere three hours after they left prom, and she was the last one to arrive. For some unknown reason, her stepmom decided to come stay the night, and just as Josslyn was about to make her great escape and shimmy down the drainpipe outside her bedroom window, she stormed in and started asking where her beloved dogs favourite toy was.

"I don't know" Josslyn said, throwing her backpack under her bed so her stepmom didn't suspect anything. "Check the basement?"

Luckily, her stepmom quickly flustered out the room, giving Josslyn a chance to grab her backpack and throw herself out the window onto the front lawn. Leo's house was a few streets away, so she didn't have to run that far, but they would have to drive past her house again to get to the freeway.

"Took you long enough!" Esmerelda exclaimed as Josslyn sat herself down on the fold out couch. "We've been waiting for like an hour!"

"It was ten minutes" Vinnie murmered, sitting down next to Josslyn, his thigh dangerously close to hers. Butterflies filled Josslyn's stomach at the prospect of Vinnie being so close to her, but she quickly shook all thoughts from her head and looked up to meet Esmerelda's eyes again.

"Sorry, Michelle had me caught up at home" She said, reaching into her backpack and tipping a shit-load of snacks onto the couch next to her. "But I got food"

"So you bought a bunch of food, but not any clothes?" Leo asked from the drivers seat, spinning in his chair to stare at Josslyn in shock.

"It's fine, we wear the same size, she can wear my clothes" Esmerelda replied, snatching a protein bar up and pointing her head to the bunks at the back of the bus.

Josslyn stood up and walked over to the spare bunk, pulling open the curtains to see three absolutely massive suitcases almost popping open with clothes sat on the bed.

"Jesus, Es, who needs this much stuff?!" She exclaimed, looking over to her friend in shock, who just shrugged their shoulders and continued to happily munch into the bar she was eating.

Strolling back over to the couch, she sat back down next to Vinnie, who was now scrolling through his phone, not interested in what was going on right now at all. Leo looked back and forth between his three friends before shaking his head and snapping his fingers to get their attention.

"In case you haven't noticed, we're currently sat in my driveway in a stolen RV at four am, my moms alarm goes off in like twenty minutes and we need to get out of state as soon as possible" He explained, his tone panicky and uneven.

"Leo, don't worry. We'll be fine, I've done this loads of times" Josslyn reassured her friend, who let out a deep breath through his nose and pulled his phone off the dash.

"We need to map somewhere to go. It only takes, like, two days to get to Boca from here, and our parents will easily find us if we just go straight there" He said, typing something rapidly into his phone, glancing up at his moms window every now and then.

"I say we just go anywhere. We've got, what, six weeks till the end of summer? That's heaps of time!" Vinnie replied, finally participating in whatever was happening. "Each of us pick somewhere to go, and we'll just...travel, I guess"

The four of them looked around each other before all nodding and getting out their phones.

"I've always wanted to go to Nashville" Esmerelda said, looking up at Leo who nodded. "It's in Tennessee, I've never been to Tennessee either"