( oo7, act one )

-- fine line

ESMERELDA AND JOSSLYN LOADED THE LAST OF THE FOOD INTO THE KITCHEN CUPBOARDS WHILST LEO AND VINNIE RAN AROUND EXCITEDLY ARRANGING PILLOWS. They had all ended up buying much more than they needed, but at least the RV felt a little more like a home and not an illegally driven vehicle.

"Okay, we're finally in Nashville. What do you guys wanna do?" Vinnie asked, standing next to Josslyn in the kitchenette.

"Let's go to Opryland!" Esmerelda excitedly jumped up and down, throwing herself in the drivers seat and starting the ignition.

"Opryland it is!" Leo replied, grinning from ear to ear and sitting in the passenger seat. Es and Leo had since made up from their argument the previous day; They had been all over each other ever since Josslyn and Esmerelda got back to the RV, much to Vinnie's disgust.

They pulled out of the parking lot, nearly running over a few small children on the way, but managed to successfully exit as Leo's French Siri continuously told them to turn left and turn right.

"V, didn't you say you needed to talk to me?" Josslyn asked, looking up at Vinnie, who looked confused for a moment before realisation shot across his face.

"Oh yeah! Come to the back" He started walking towards the bunks, Josslyn following behind him like a lost puppy, pulling the curtain that separates the kitchenette to the bedroom.

Vinnie sat down on his bunk, Josslyn climbing up after him and looking expectantly up him.

"So what is it?" She asked, shrugging her hands and puffing a wad of air out her cheeks.

"I got a text earlier..." Vinnie started, looking uneasy. Josslyn shrugged, shaking her head, her manner unbothered. "...From Hunter"

And just like that, all colour from Josslyn's face faded and she lunged at the boy sitting next to her, snatching his phone out of his hands to look through his messages.

"Lemme fucking see!" She screeched, grabbing Vinnie's phone and climbing off of him.

hunter:
hey you with lynn?

vinnie:
no

hunter:
you sure? because you're missing, lynn's missing, leo's missing and esmerelda is missing. seems pretty fishy

vinnie:
nah you know what lynns like
always disappearing

hunter:
with other people tho?? nah
i'm coming down to find u guys