( oo6, act two )

-- fine line

THE MORNING SUN SHINED THROUGH THE WINDOWS OF THE RV, hitting the half-asleep Josslyn just right. Vinnie had been tinkering in the kitchen for the last twenty minutes, frying god knows what for breakfast so his friends could have a nice wake up call.

"Mornin', sleeping beauty" Vinnie chuckled, bringing over a plate and a steaming cup of coffee. "You fell alseep after calling Hunter yesterday, I didn't wanna disturb you so I just left you here. Was that okay?"

"Yeah, fine" Josslyn smiled, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "Thank you for the breakfast" She said, tucking into the pancakes on the coffee table in front of her.

"No problem" He replied, turning off the stove and putting the used silverware in the sink. "Since we only have a week-and-a-half left of summer, I say we leave Texas today and make our way down to Florida. We can stay there for a couple days and then just B-Line it straight back to Seattle"

"I agree" Josslyn murmured, her mouth full of pancake. "How're you an Emily gonna handle the whole long-distance thing?"

Vinnie kissed his teeth, sliding Josslyn a knowing glance. "We called it quits last night. We got on the topic of what happened, you know, with the whole Dylan exposing you thing, and even though we didn't really want to, it was what was best, you know? To keep you safe"

"Me?"

"Yes" Vinnie replied, without skipping a beat. "Dylan will be onto you the minute he sees you, guaranteed, so Emily's trying to keep him away until we're out of state. She told him we were going to Arizona next, so if he tries to find you, which he no doubt will, he'll go the complete opposite way we are"

"Holy, this is not James Bond, we're not on the run from the cops" Josslyn laughed, putting her now empty plate in the sink and washing it up. "I've blocked him on everything anyway"

"That's good, J" He said, placing a comforting hand on her bicep. "I just want you to be happy. I'm sorry I was so bitter and inconsiderate of your feelings for Dylan when you first met him. I was a dick and I'm only now realising that"

"It's all good, Vinnie" She smiled up at him, but he still looked uncertain. "I'm serious. I should've listened to you. You knew he was bad from the start and I ignored you. I'm sorry"

Vinnie opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by Leo opening the curtains that separated the bedroom from the kitchen. Vinnie quickly moved his hand off Josslyn's arm and picked up one of the plates of pancakes.