( oo2, act two )

-- fine line

"V!" Emily's voice rung out across the target parking lot as Vinnie got out the RV, jogging over to his girlfriend who was stood next to an unfamilar boy. Vinnie greeted her with a chaste kiss on the lips, Emily pulling him in to deepen the kiss.

EMILY WAS TOO NICE TO EVEN BE REAL.

She believed that life was a journey, often difficult and sometimes incredibly cruel, but we're all well equipped for it if only we tap into our talents and gifts and 'allow them to blossom'. When thinking about life, she remembers that no amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future.

She doesn't have to know what comes next. She doesn't have to have everything figured out right this second. She doesn't need to know her entire story. She's a living, changing, growing soul riding through her unique and beautiful journey of life. And that's exactly what she tells everyone it is - a journey - and it wouldn't be as amazing as it is if she knew what was coming next. It wouldn't be a journey if she knew how it would all turn out in the end. She was patient with herself, and with others. She smiles at the not knowing, because she knows her story is just starting to be written.

Sometimes she gets so caught up in life that she forgets that she doesn't always have to be busy; she doesn't always need to be checking her phone, or rushing to the next thing. She needs someone to remind her that it's okay - and absolutely necessary - to slow it all down. To take a break and enjoy nature, to turn off the TV and simply be together. To enjoy a game of cards. To ask her family what they're wandering about. To call her parents. To watch the sunrise. To enjoy the smell of a burning candle. She never forgets to enjoy the little things because she knows they're never as little as she thinks.

And that's what made her so loveable. As much as everybody wanted to hate her, nobody could.  She was brave enough to take off the masks she wore out there and get to know who she was underneath. She allowed herself to be vulnerable enough to accept her flaws and know that they're what made her human; they're what made her real. She was confident enough to accept and cherish her strengths. She didn't minimise them or hide them, they were her beautiful gifts to share with the world. She was brave enough to say, 'you know what, all of this, this is who I am. I make so many mistakes. I can be forgetful, I am messy, but I am doing best with what I've got. And I am so proud of that. I am so proud of me. And I am proud of who I am becoming.

"Christ, you wouldn't of though they were together an hour ago" Esmerelda grimaced, closing the RV door and walking over to the other three with Josslyn and Leo. "Who's that?"