( oo3, act two )

-- fine line

THE MOONLIGHT WAS SHINING DOWN ON THE FRIENDS AS THEIR VOICES FILLED THE EARLY MORNING AIR. Vinnie found himself, more than once, staring at Josslyn in complete awe. Whether it was the way her hair fell, or the way she would wrap her sweater tighter around her, or the way her hands flew up to her face to conceal the pink blush that swept her cheeks when someone that wasn't him made her laugh.

"V, you okay?" Leo asked when Emily wasn't listening. Although Vinnie had never fully admitted it, Leo knew his cousin inside out, and had known since the day he met Josslyn that Vinnie liked her, maybe even loved her. "You've been staring at Lynn all night"

"No, I'm good" Vinnie replied, tearing his gaze away from the girl sat a few metres away from him. "Do you think she likes him?"

"Who?"

"Josslyn" Vinnie scratched his temple uncomfortably. "Do you think she likes Dylan? She's been flirting with him all goddamn night"

Leo chuckled and shook his head, patting his cousin sympathetically on the arm. "Dude, if you really like her, break up with Emily. She doesn't deserve this"

"I don't want to do that" Vinnie furrowed his brows and took a swig of root beer before standing up and moving towards Emily, who had since moved away to sit with Esmerelda. 

He could hear Dylan murmur something to Josslyn, followed by the girls angelic giggle and faint "Stop, you can't say things like that!" Dylan laughed, and flung his arm around Josslyn, pulling her close. She rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes and basking in the moonlight that she allowed to take over her

"Guys!" Leo shouted, rooting around in his backpack that he absolutely insisted on taking everywhere "Let's listen to some music!"

"Yes!" Emily yelled, standing up and running straight past Vinnie and towards Leo. "I call dibs on the first song!"

Esmerelda and Vinnie slowly walked back towards the group, taking in the sight of their four friends all conversing about what songs to play. Josslyns back was pressed against Dylans chest, his chin resting on her shoulder. Vinnie's chest filled with fire at the sight in front of him, a forced breath pushing itself out of his nose. Just like Leo did, she gave him a small pat on the shoulder before skipping over to her boyfriend and latching herself onto his arm like a koala.

The speaker beeped, and music started flooding out it and across the beach.

Put a price on emotion

Looking for something to buy

You've got my devotion

But man I can hate you sometimes.

Emily grabbed Vinnies hand, pulling him towards the middle of the beach where they could dance , Leo and Esmerelda following suit. 

"You wanna dance?" Dylan asked Josslyn, his calloused guitar hands lying on her waist. 

"Of course" She smiled, holding out her hand and pulling him towards where their friends were. His right hand fell onto her waist, her's onto his shoulder, and they linked their left hands together so they couldn't tell where Dylan's started and Josslyn's ended.