( oo6, act one )

-- fine line

two days and sixteen hours later...

THE FOUR HAD FINALLY ARRIVED IN NASHVILLE. After the explosive argument of Leo and Esmerelda half way through day one, tension had been high in the RV. It didn't help that they had eaten the last of the snacks, even the shitty ones that sat in the back of the cupboards in the kitchenette.

"We need to go grocery shopping" Vinnie said, picking at his nails. Him and Josslyn had been sat in awkward silence on the couch as Esmerelda did everything and anything to occupy herself and will herself not to go sit next to Leo, which included showering thrice in two hours, taking a fifteen minute nap and changing her outfit four times.

Josslyn however, had been taking sly glances at Vinnie every few minutes, desperately trying to get his attention. Over the course of the two days of the roadtrip, the two had become increasingly close, but Josslyn worried that Vinnie saw her as just a friend, as he basically sister-zoned her the evening of the first day.

The two were sat up front, Vinnie driving down the deserted highway as Josslyn kept him company. Esmerelda and Leo had gone off to bed a few hours prior, leaving the RV in silence. For the past two hours before they waddled off to their bunks, they had been mumbling incoherently about their argument under their breathes, and brattily stomping about everywhere they walked.

Vinnie and Josslyn had been lowly talking over the slight hum of the radio about any and every subject for the past forty-five minutes, until they eventually got onto the subject of school.

"You know, I don't know why we all stopped being friends?" Vinnie said, glancing sideways at Josslyn, who tilted her head and shrugged.

"I guess high school just came into play. Plus, you and Leo went off to that all boys school" She said, looking over at him. Vinnie just silently nodded before sucking in a harsh breath.

"When did you leave?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"When did you start skipping school and going places? Why?" He looked at her confused and waited for an answer. After a few moments of silence, Josslyn let out a confused sigh before lifting her hands in defeat.

"Well, you know my mom left, and Hunter moved out, and dad was on his own, and he wasn't very present, so I started to fend for myself. I was always home alone, Hunter never checked in, dad was always working. I guess it just all happened slowly" She explained, confusion in her voice, as if she didn't even know what happened. "As for why, I dunno. I just left without a second thought"