( oo8, act one )

-- fine line

"HERE WE ARE" Esmerelda excitedly jumped as herself and her friends approached the gates of Opryland Theme Park. "I've always wanted to come here!"

"I can tell" Leo laughed, intertwining his hand with hers and she ran off towards a ride, dragging her partner along with her. "You guys coming?" Leo asked, turning around to see his friends slowly approaching. Vinnie nodded, jogging over, latching on to Josslyn's wrist to pull her with him.

His fingers burned into her skin as butterflies erupted in her stomach; She quickly looked down at the ground trying to hide her blushing cheeks. Ever since that moment in the RV just a mere twenty minutes ago, she hasn't even been able to look at Vinnie in the eye in fear of giving in to all her emotions. 

The four reached the front of the line for the roller coaster, the theme park worker opening the gate and letting Leo and Esmerelda on. They sat at the empty seats up front, leaving just two back seats left. Vinnie and Josslyn akwardly glanced at each other before walking forwards to the seats.

"You like roller coasters?" Vinnie asked, in attempt to cure the awkward tension that had settled between them since the moment they shared in the RV.

"No" She bluntly replied, chuckling slightly and looking up at Vinnie. His caramel eyes were already burning into her skin. "You?"

"Not at all-" He started, but was quickly silenced when the roller coaster took off. "Fuck!"

Josslyn laughed at Vinnies antics, trying to cover up the fact that she herself, was also scared shitless of roller coasters. Slowly, the coaster took uphill, the big drop taunting the two teenagers. 

"Oh my God, I will cry" Vinnie joked, chuckling lightly, his face paling over and his hand flailing about for something to grab onto. Without thinking, Josslyn stuck her hand out, Vinnie's quickly latching itself on. He squeezed her hand tight and screwed his eyes shut, preparing for the drop.

"THAT WAS AMAZING!" Esmerelda shouted, grabbing Leo by the shoulders and shaking him lightly, him laughing and grabbing her hand. "Let's go again!"